Thread: New unit - How to activate Profilux 4 touch buttons ***HELP***

Default New unit - How to activate Profilux 4 touch buttons ***HELP***

Heya team all help is appreciated

Tonight I've unboxed my new Profilux 4 mega set and KH director. I've spent the last 2 hours trying to find out how to calibrate the probes and found out you have to do this on the front touch buttons... the issue is they're not responding to touch? How do you activate them? (Left, right, up, down, tick and the cross)

Many thanks

Probably there's something wrong with the key calibration. Please go to Extras->Keys via Control Center or App and calibrate the keys with the standard calibration.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi Nossatron,
    did you try to calibrate the buttons?
    Connect to PL4 via GHL Control Center and USB or WiFi; Under "View" select "expert-modus". Under "Extras" "Hardware" you should find "Keys". Select This and you should be able to calibrate the buttons.
    Hope that helps!
    Regards
    Werner

Screenshot_20200429-011424_GHL Connect.jpg

The down button I managed to get a responsive press from but that is all. Is there something I need to test inside?

You can open the ProfiLux and check if the key panel is connected correctly. Possibly it has slipped a bit during transport.
    Otherwise try the key calibration again and also with the custom calibration.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

So, I've opened it up to see if I can see anything and blown out with some dry air. Test buttons and they work! Put everything back together place on my shelf power on and place probes in and it faults again no response.

Remove off shelf with nothing connected try again and no luck.

Pull the lid off and it now has response again. It's not ideal but it's there. Everytime I try run the calibration it doesnt respond make noise or even change anything on the screen. The second time I calibrated I now have the right arrow beeping and flashing randomly like it's being pressed.

Update

After a calibration when it was going off on it's own it seems to have settled. Will try reconnect probes again and see what happens

If the issue continues, please open a support ticket so we can provide further assistance.

Managed to get the probes calibrated last night. The touch seems a bit finicky still but it is operating. Had to keep power cycling and sometimes it would work. I know the parcel was handled quite rough. Two probes leaked out some of their irrigation fluid and the KH directors reagent leaked. Possibly some damage from that maybe. Will see how it operates