Thread: Powerbar 6E and Heater Control

Default Powerbar 6E and Heater Control

Just started using GHL and added my heater to the first outlet on the 6E. I can find very little information about what the integrated LEDs mean except for literature stating that they indicate the switching status of the individual outlets.

The outlet I have connected is showing a blue LED. Does that mean it is working - no current showing? Does this LED change colour at all depending on the status or is blue all that shows?

Many thanks

Well after adding the heater and waiting over 6 hours when the temperature in the display was dropping there was still no sign of the heater coming on. The only way I can assume it wasn't coming on was the temperature drop. No there is nothing wrong with the heater. Disconnected from 6E and plugged in elsewhere and worked straight away with the temperature rising.

As fas as I am aware I had installed it all as the Youtube but does not seem to be working. Can't believe it can be so difficult to install a heater.

Any suggestions

What is this for in System - Assign Decvices - Powerbar 6E Am I suppose to do anything with it - I don't recall it being mentioned in the video

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Screenshot 2020-04-27 at 10.26.08.jpg

The page in your screenshot is the initial states of the selected powerbar. That is unrelated to the heater setup.
    Initial states allow you to choose which outlets will stay ON or OFF in case the powerbar becomes disconnected from the ProfiLux head unit.

As for heating control, you need to go to the temperature settings page and specify the desired temperature (nominal value), then go to the outlet that has the heater connected and assign it to the function Temperature heater. The time for when the outlet will actually turn on is determined by the Hysteresis of the temperature probe. Hysteresis is the switching point for the heater command. In most cases, it is enough to leave it as-is at 0.36F.

Thanks, Vinny understand the "Initial States" now.

I had done all those things in the set up but working now.

I suddenly thought to try the heater plug in the outlet nearest the logo instead of where I had it plugged in at the opposite end. I had assumed that S1 was the furthest from the logo ie reading from left to right but S1 I have now discovered is the outlet nearest the logo.

Some indication on the outlets would be helpful. I tried to find out which was outlet S1 by searching the internet and reading through the manuals but could not find any reference to it unless of course, I missed it

I have also noticed that the integrated LED only shows blue when the heater is switched on and drawing power - I assume that is correct ?

Yes, these are indicators to let you know which outlet is ON or OFF.