Thread: Problems upgrading Mitras firmware and wi-fi module

Default Problems upgrading Mitras firmware and wi-fi module

I can only connect to Mitras fixtures by using USB connection. I have tried to connect via wi-fi, unsuccessfully.

Once I checked the firmware version (1.07) and the wi-fi module version (6407) I realized that they could be too old so I tried to update them.

1. Firmware update. Once the update program shuts off the fixture, it installs a new UBS driver (USBVCOM) and you are prompted to check the COM port and use the one that shows up in device manager. The problem is that device manager shows no COM port number, only USBVCOM. As I can not introduce that port number the procedure gest stuck and there is no updating of the firmware.

2. Wi-Fi module update. I have tried to update the wi-fi module version by using the wi-fi module installer. Everything seems to go smooth but once the cmd window is closed and after restarting the fixture and connecting to it via usb , the wi-fi module version is still the old one.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

PD: I'm using Windows 8.1 running under Parallels in a MacBook Pro. I have updated several times my Profilux 3.1 using the same system and it worked fine.

Hello,

1. This sounds like an issue with the USBVCOM driver not loading completely when Windows runs on Parallels. If you are not seeing any exclamation mark beside the driver and it says it is running normally, then a restart of Windows and Parallels would be neccessary.

2. If the update is completed and still shows the old version, that means the update was done with wrong version of the update tool. Please download, extract to your desktop and do the update with this version:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...le-esp-update/
    The current Wi-Fi module version is 7081.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Hello,

1. This sounds like an issue with the USBVCOM driver not loading completely when Windows runs on Parallels. If you are not seeing any exclamation mark beside the driver and it says it is running normally, then a restart of Windows and Parallels would be neccessary.

2. If the update is completed and still shows the old version, that means the update was done with wrong version of the update tool. Please download, extract to your desktop and do the update with this version:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...le-esp-update/
    The current Wi-Fi module version is 7081.
    Hi Vinny, thank your for your response, but I'm afraid none of the suggested procedures worked.

1. I restarted both Windows 8.1 and Parallels once the fixture is shut off and the device manager shows only USBVCOM (wit no port number). When Windows is back it does not recognize the port, as the fixture is off. If I turn it on we go back to the start point and when I get to the step when the fixture is turned off, the UCBVCOM is there with no port number.

2. I tried the wi-fi module tool in the folder you linked. Same result. Once the procedure is over the module firmware version is still 6407.

It seems I won't be able to use the wi-fi abilities of the fixtures.

By the way, I have performed both procedures with one of the slave fixtures. Would it make any difference to do it with the master one? Also, does it make any difference to do it with one or the other of the two USB ports at the back of the fixtures?

Eventually I could upgrade the wi-fi module. It seems the upgrade only works with the master fixture and previously I had been trying it with one of the slaves.

Once I upgraded the wi-fi module I could set up the wi-fi and get an IP address. Afterwards I could connect to the fixture by means of the app and everything showed up there.

Well, so far so good. Apparently I do not need to upgrade the firmware but should I have to do it, I guess I can do it by means of the wi-fi connection.

If a wifi module update does not take when the LX7 is on slave mode, temporarily switch it to Standalone or Master mode, then do the update. After it is completed and you've verified the new version showing, you can switch it back to slave mode. Changing the mode of the LX7 can be done using the touch keys, app or GHL Control Center.