Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Profilux 4 Email Notifications Not Working

Default Profilux 4 Email Notifications Not Working

I have been struggling to get the email notifications working for several days now.

My regular email is from Gmail. I have two factor authentication set up. I have made an app password for the Profilux and have tried using both that password as well as my regular password. I have also tried it with ports 25, 465, and 587. None of these changes have worked.

I then made a new email address with Yahoo. I do not have two factor set up for this. I have tried using this with all three ports listed above as well. Again, none of these worked.

Are there any logs that I can look at to determine what exactly the issue is?

Are there other free email services that work better? I don't mind signing up for another email provider - I can just have the emails forwarded to my Gmail account.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I set mine up yesterday. Initially tried with Gmail but couldn't get it to work with the 2 step verification and app password. I then switched to my Hotmail account and set up the 2 step verification with app password and it worked fine. I have my Hotmail account sending it to my Gmail account.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

What port did you use?

Port: 25
    Server: smtp.live.com

Thanks for your help. So far, its still not working for me. I set up a new hotmail account. I tried it first without setting up two factor, then with it while using an app password, but it still isn't working for me...

Quote Originally Posted by dlplunkett44 View Post
    Thanks for your help. So far, its still not working for me. I set up a new hotmail account. I tried it first without setting up two factor, then with it while using an app password, but it still isn't working for me...
    Have you tried generating another password? It didn't work with the first password it gave me

Try port 465 and see if that works

Quote Originally Posted by galhill View Post
    Have you tried generating another password? It didn't work with the first password it gave me

I did this just now with no luck. Are you testing it by clicking "Test" in myGHL? I set this all up using myGHL - not sure if that matters.
    Username and my email address should be the same, correct?

465 is not working either