Thread: Included Temperature Probe with ProfiLux 4e Reading 365.7 Degrees Fahrenheit.

Ausrufezeichen Included Temperature Probe with ProfiLux 4e Reading 365.7 Degrees Fahrenheit.

I'm finally getting around to configuring my ProfiLux 4e and noticed that the included temperature probe is reporting back 365.7 degrees Fahrenheit. I'm going to go out on the limb and say that reading is not accurate. Can someone please advise if they have come across this before and how it can be resolved. Hoping that their is a quick resolution available or if this is a replacement situation that I need to work out with GHL.

GHLTempReading.jpg

Be sure probe is well seated in socket and it’s on the right socket for temperature measurement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check your connections.
    Make sure the probes are all connected to the correct ports.

You can test the probe by dipping it in cool water to see if the displayed values change at all.

Quote Originally Posted by doggydoc10 View Post
    Be sure probe is well seated in socket and it’s on the right socket for temperature measurement.
    Thank you for the recommendation. I've actually checked this a number of times and reseated the BNC Connector accordingly, but the wrong temperature still remains.

Ausrufezeichen

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Check your connections.
    Make sure the probes are all connected to the correct ports.

You can test the probe by dipping it in cool water to see if the displayed values change at all.
    Good Morning, I removed the probe from my aquarium and placed it into a cool cup of water. The temperature changed very little. All connections have been checked and ensured that the probe is connected properly. What are the next steps?

GHLTempReadingCoolWater.png

Open a support ticket and provide us with the ADC 1 and ADC 2 values. Also include the troubleshooting steps already taken.

This can be found by activating "Expert mode"...click View tab, select Expert mode, then go to the temperature probe settings page.

Ausrufezeichen

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Open a support ticket and provide us with the ADC 1 and ADC 2 values. Also include the troubleshooting steps already taken.

This can be found by activating "Expert mode"...click View tab, select Expert mode, then go to the temperature probe settings page.
    Ticket 2154 was opened yesterday. I don't have a response to it yet. I have included this screenshot of the advanced settings.

GHLTempReading.jpg

Ausrufezeichen

Quote Originally Posted by JaysLittleOcean View Post
    Ticket 2154 was opened yesterday. I don't have a response to it yet. I have included this screenshot of the advanced settings.

GHLTempReading.jpg
    Good Evening Vinny, I ran through the directions as requested and selected "Fix dig, temp. -sensor issue". I then get a warning asking me if I would like to continue, which I then select yes. Unfortunately after that nothing else happens.

Since this is already being handled in the ticket system, we will continue there.