Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't add device.

Default Can't add device.

Hello,

I have a KHD and 2.1 standalone doser but I can't connect it to the cloud. I log in to the my ghl site, enter the ghl ID and it gives me this message... Screenshot_20200412-221106_Chrome.jpg

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks, Alex.

Hello Alex,

Have you added the Doser to your wifi network?
    If yes, have you tested it to see that you can connect over Wi-Fi?
    This can be done either via GHL Control Center (GCC) or GHL Connect (App).

If the doser cannot be accessed over Wi-Fi, then it will not be accessible over myGHL because the device does not have access to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Hello Alex,

Have you added the Doser to your wifi network?
    If yes, have you tested it to see that you can connect over Wi-Fi?
    This can be done either via GHL Control Center (GCC) or GHL Connect (App).

If the doser cannot be accessed over Wi-Fi, then it will not be accessible over myGHL because the device does not have access to the internet.
    Hi Vinny, thanks for the reply.

I've connected to it via wifi through my phone if that's what you mean? But I haven't put in my home wifi password - can you tell me how to do that? I've had a look but can't work it out.

If you haven't entered your WiFi password into the doser settings, then that means the doser does not have access to the internet yet and therefore cannot communicate with the myGHL servers.
    Follow the steps shown in this video:

After you type-in your network information, make sure to Disconnect from the doser so the settings are applied.

If you haven't entered your WiFi password into the doser settings, then that means the doser does not have access to the internet yet and therefore cannot communicate with the myGHL servers.
    Follow the steps shown in this video:

After you type-in your network information, make sure to Disconnect from the doser so the settings are applied.
    OK, I've followed that but my doser is still flashing white - it hasn't gone blue to confirm connection. It's been 10 minutes. The video doesn't say what to do?

Make sure you've disconnected so the settings are applied. This is mentioned in the description of the video.

If you've done that, then something was entered incorrectly in the Wi-Fi settings; either your network name / password / or assigned IP address.
    Can you post a screenshot of the settings you entered?

Make sure you've disconnected so the settings are applied. This is mentioned in the description of the video.

If you've done that, then something was entered incorrectly in the Wi-Fi settings; either your network name / password / or assigned IP address.
    Can you post a screenshot of the settings you entered?
    Ah, OK - it's worked now. But it says "if you'd like to access the doser fro the app, create a new connection in the app". How do I do that?

Open the app, press ADD DEVICE, select the doser, give new connection a name, type-in the assigned IP address into the Host/IP field, press SAVE.

OK, I've done that but it won't connect through the app - it just says connection failed. And it still won't add my doser to the cloud with the my ghl id.

I can't connect to my doser/KHD at all with my phone now - I used to be able to connect to the GHL Doser 2 through my wifi but now that's gone?