Thread: Connecting to Mitras thru WIFI

Default Connecting to Mitras thru WIFI

I am having trouble connecting to my Mitras LX7's thru WIFI. I have followed the directions on the Youtube channel but still having issues either using static IP or obtaining automatically. When trying the auto IP when I re-establish my connection the current IP address shows 0.0.0.0. It used to work but for some reason it has stopped. My light firmware version is 1.11 and the WIFI module firmware is 6890. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The Wi-Fi module firmware is out of date and too old to do it through a web browser. The alternative would be to do it via USB.

1. Download the new version and extract the folder to your computer:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...le-esp-update/

2. Open the extracted folder then follow this video:

Thank you for the reply. I did as stated but am still having the problem. The WIFI firmware is now 7081

If you can connect to the LX7 via USB and see the Wi-Fi module information as shown here, then that means the chip is working normally. In that case, the issue likely has to do with the router rejecting the LX7 or the entered Wi-Fi info not matching the settings of your network.

Wi-Fi chip working properly.JPG

If you need to refresh the Wi-Fi chip, you can use the same update tool but this time choose the "Erase filesystem" option. That will restore the chip to factory settings so you can re-enter your network details.

I have already asked this question about the firmware upgrade. If you want to update the Wi Fi module in a set of master/slaves fixtures, you have to do it in all of them separately?

First I want to say thanks for taking the time in helping troubleshoot this issue.

Yes I have those boxes checked as in the picture you included. The one difference I see is there is no signal but maybe this has nothing to do with it.

@chema61 Yes I did the WiFi upgrade on both lights.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It shows no signal because the fixture is not connected to a network and/or the hotspot is not in-use.

Once you add the fixture to your network, there will be a signal strength displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberjay View Post
    First I want to say thanks for taking the time in helping troubleshoot this issue.

Yes I have those boxes checked as in the picture you included. The one difference I see is there is no signal but maybe this has nothing to do with it.

@chema61 Yes I did the WiFi upgrade on both lights.
    Thanks a lot. Wish the procedure was simpler. Updating firmware and Wi-Fi module in three fixtures takes time and increases the chances of something going sideways during the update.