Thread: Trouble with incorrect password

Default Trouble with incorrect password

Got a new GHL Mini Wifi. Connected to the device through my iPhone wifi, following this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1k5j73rt7s

I'm stuck at exactly 4:17 on the video. I picked the new name for the hotspot, saved it and went back to the iPhone wifi and selected the controller but the password keeps coming back as the incorrect password. Any help?

This password will be whatever you set it to when the hotspot was configured. Have you tried restarting the P Mini?

I have. No change. I'm fairly certain I have the password correct.

The password field is case sensitive. Perhaps there was something miscapitalized or a white space was entered when the password was first created. Does your new hotspot name show or does it still say GHL-DEV?

Tried those, no luck. Yes my new hotspot name is showing.

Okay so the information you entered was stored in the memory.
    The next option would be to connect via USB and use GHL Control Center to see what password was actually assigned.

Can I connect offline and change the password? GHL control center is a windows only app correct? My only access to windows is at work, but I could try it there. It just won't be on the same network

Connecting offline would be done through GHL Control Center (GCC) which is a windows program.

It's okay that it won't be on the same network, at least you will be able to see what password was assigned, then Save the settings and disconnect. Once that is done, you can try out the hotspot while at work. It will show exactly as it does now, but this time you should be able to connect.

I will try that in the morning thanks.