Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doser stopped dosing automatically

Default Doser stopped dosing automatically

I am not sure why but my 2.1 SA doser has stopped dosing automatically and I dont know why.
    I seems that it may have stopped dosing when the clock changed and/or I changed the dose and changed the pump speed but I did recalibrate after that change of speed.
    It works correctly when I dose a fixed amount manually.

I have attched screenshots of the relevant pump and wondered if anyone can see if there is amything wrong with the set up

Mnay thanks

Screenshot 2020-03-30 at 12.43.06.jpg

Screenshot 2020-03-30 at 12.42.55.jpg

For the amount you're looking to dose, it would be better to run the pump at speed (0).
    Recalibrate at the new speed, then allow the pump to run the set schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    For the amount you're looking to dose, it would be better to run the pump at speed (0).
    Recalibrate at the new speed, then allow the pump to run the set schedule.
    I altered speed to 0 and recalibrated and on first scheduled dose only dosed about 0.5ml not sure why ?

Maybe I didnt calibrate properly or save it. What I do recall is that when I calibrated originally it showed 20 ml in minute and when I recalibrated at 0 it dosed 21 ml in minute which I thought was strange at the time.
    After this recalibration at 0 speed only dosed 6ml in minute.

See what happens at next scheduled dose tomorrow hopefully will be OK.

As long as you pressed SAVE after selecting the new pump speed, it will run at the correct speed. After calibration, you will get a flow rate of about 4-5ml/min.

I suspect I didn’t save before calibrating the first time. When I did again it was 6 ml per min

@Vinney well it dosed but the only 1ml not 1.5ml I wanted.
    That was after changing speed to 0, recalibrating which indicated flow rate 6ml per minute.
    I have calibrated again and still showing 6 ml per minute.
    Any further suggestions, please ?

This suggests an issue with the calibration attempt. The best way to calibrate is to use a measuring scale. Some measuring cups are not as accurate, especially for such small and precise volumes like 1.5ml

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    This suggests an issue with the calibration attempt. The best way to calibrate is to use a measuring scale. Some measuring cups are not as accurate, especially for such small and precise volumes like 1.5ml
    Not sure what you mean by measuring scale? The measuring cup I am using is only a total of 5ml so I would expect to be fairly accurate. Not sure I would expect to have to go to such great lengths to calibrate a dosing pump. Not had such issues before with similar pumps

Those similar pumps did not have to be calibrated to provide the degree of precision you're now aiming for (1.5ml). To achieve the best result for such small dose amounts, you should be using a tool more accurate than a traditional measuring cup.
    Here's an example of one that would be suitable.
    Last edited by Vinny; 01.04.2020 at 19:45.

Sorry but that doesnt really help me slove the rpoblem