Thread: 5.0.7 questions

Default 5.0.7 questions

Hi team,

Some testing results for this software version; I have the PIII ex if i am not mistaken?

1) Processes > Reminders
    - Takes a long time to initially load
    - "Bearbeiten" is not translated
    - "active" is not "Active" (capitalized) in form
    - If i set it to active it is not shown in the grid.
    - Multiple reminders does nothing (i think)
    - Reminder text is not empty (contains spaces)
    - Description in grid cannot be filled in.

2) Why am i seeing under "probe/sensor controls":
    level 1... (showing level 1,2,3)
    Level 4... (showing level 4,5)
    Level 7... (showing level 7,8)
    Level 10... (showing level 10,11)

Why not group them under 1 setting, and where are level 6 and 9?

3) Maintenance; does this also affect DALI channels? If so, please extend this so you can configure what DALI group is at what level.

4) System;
    - Why not remove the firmware update button, it is allready in the menu
    - Why not remove LAN and webserver (move to menu?)
    - Configuration button can be under the grid?

5) System > socket functions;
    - "Digital powerbar connected on S1/S4" --> Change to "Enable digital communication S1/S4" (i mean; i have PAB powerbar and 4-dosing pump on S1/S4, so text is misleading).
    - How can i connect another dosing pump, do i have to connect it to the first dosing pump? That is unclear....
    - Why are there only 32 channels? DALI should support more right?
    - Please make DALI config work from the Profiluxcontrol.

ALARM;
    - Please make it so that there is a 'alarm group' where you can set for instance;
    - Multiple times that the alarm is active: E.g. during 7:00-8:00 and 16:00-20:00 other times i am not at home.
    - Choose between "buzzer" (constant) and "beep" (thesame sound like with calibration) with pause of 3 seconds between beep or something; Why? i have dogs and don't want the alarm to scare them.
    Last edited by Gilles; 02.02.2010 at 13:24.

I was wondering the same thing!

Why not Levels:
    with all the levels that are active on the system displayed in the list...

SO if I have a P3, I have 2 levels, if I have a P3Ex, I have3 levels, If I have a P3EX + Expansion Box I have 6 leves... only display what is available.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    2) Why am i seeing under "probe/sensor controls":
    level 1... (showing level 1,2,3)
    Level 4... (showing level 4,5)
    Level 7... (showing level 7,8)
    Level 10... (showing level 10,11)

Hi

thanks for the hints
    1) obvious mistakes had been fixed, other things are just a misunderstanding and they work correctly (e.g. "active" means not that the reminder is present)

2.) level - this is correct, always 3 sensors build one group, independent if L3 is there or not. All on one page is not possible - no space.

3.) no

4.) why - because we like it in this way

5.) Dali has nothing to do with sockets. Other aspects are considered.

6.) Alarm - we will see

2.) This is what I wanted to say for the levels for the one page, there is enough room it's already in a grid, just need to add the vertical scroll bar and append then to the list. The section could be renamed to “Levels”.

As per the number I was proposing on using a bit of logic base on the hardware and only display/enable the option that the user can change.
    For example if a User has a P3 then it only has 2 levels, so there is no point of showing him the option and configuration for Level 3.

but you forgot that there are now 4 independent alarm and water change sections

Yes but that the automatic water change could be attached to the water level used, the alarm check box could be removed also and attached to the level in question that has the alarm and not be so general.

I'm not saying that what you have done is wrong; I just think there are better ways of doing it in order to make the interface more intuitive.

Hi matthias; thank you for your reply. Please do not feel offenended, you sound a bit like you are.. It is just my observations in creating a more user friendly software.

Few remaining questions:
    Can you explain why i am not seeing level6 and level9? And why i see 9 level sensors since my understanding is that i have 3 (level1-2 / level3 since i have the P3EX).

In the manual you say that i can assign a dosing unit to S5-S8; if this is correct, how can i enable digital output on that channel and how can i program that dosing unit attached to S5-S8?

And thank you for considering DALI in maintenance; since that is going to be my only light source and off course i would like to have that dimmed when doing maintenance.

Hi

if you have a device connected with 3 level inputs (like P3eX or another device which is not existing yet) you will see 3 level inputs
    All 4 groups are displayed, regardless if they are present or not.

connect dosing unit to S5-S8 is possible because the dosing unit works with digital and standard interface, in this case the pumps are assigned t0 5 ... 8 (fixed)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    connect dosing unit to S5-S8 is possible because the dosing unit works with digital and standard interface, in this case the pumps are assigned t0 5 ... 8 (fixed)
    Great, but you can't assign socket numbers to it right? For instance; my PAB powerbar has 1-6; so i program my dosing pump (S1-S4) to be 7,8,9,10;
    Does this mean that S5 will become 11,12,13,14?

Hi

the s-port numbering is fixed when they are used in standard mode regardless from other numbering