Thread: Tutorial or docs on Vortech Controller please ?

Default Tutorial or docs on Vortech Controller please ?

Hi,

I am trying to set up 4 x MP40's using the app (latest Android beta). I cannot find any docs or youtube tutorials/etc.

What I see:
    - Vortech controller is detected and shows up in the left menu. Selecting that option shows the Vortech screen.
    - top half of the screen shows firmware info. This seems pretty useless. It also takes half the screen. Why? Rather just show a warning if there is some problem with versions.
    - The 4 pumps show up. However, it shows "Unknown" for 'type'.
    - There is also a field called 'FW' .... and it is blank. No idea what it is or why it is there!
    - Trying to [SAVE] just results in a 'Loading Data failed' error.
    - On the individual pump page, the firmware, type,state labels are obscured. It's like nobody ever even tested the screen looks ok.

As an Android Architect myself, this feels VERY .....lacking.

@matthias : Do you guys have a API docs for the Profilux controller you can share? I can sign NDA/etc if needed.

-Richard

A short instruction is displayed when you click on the question mark in the upper right corner of the app. You can download detailed instructions here: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...roller-manual/
    If the type and firmware are not displayed, the pump was not recognized correctly or the model is unknown. Often, however, the control will still work.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thank you for the reply.

The pumps are 4 x Vortech MP40WQ powerheads.

The documentation link provided is for the MS Windows app. I am trying to use the Android app, which seems to be unusable/broken and have no instructions?

Can you please answer the question about the API docs ? Thanks!

-Richard

The settings in the app are very similar to the GHL Control Center settings.

Currently there is no API available.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Old thread but I have the same issue within iOS app. I have 2 MP40 eco smart quiet drive pumps one with the newest black wireless card and the other green.

Within the iOS app both seem to have the same serial number but control works just fine. Firmware and model both blank/unknown in the app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If both pumps can be assigned and controlled, everything is fine. The name, firmware and serial number are not displayed correctly, because the VorTech Controller does not know the newer models.