Thread: Special dates for scientific experiment makes charts disappear

Default Special dates for scientific experiment makes charts disappear

Hi,

I work at a public aquaria and I'm involved in developing a scientific experiment system for inducing spawning for tropical stony corals. Our system is controlled by a GHL computer and works great so far.

Since we're trying to mimic natural season from the other side of the globe, we decided to put in all data for lights etc and then change the date on the computer to start our experiment in the time of the year we wanted. So for our experiment system that is June 2020. That seems to work fine. The lights follow the season and the full moon came the right day.

But when trying to get to see the chart for light, KH, pH etc in myGHL, the charts have gotten stuck in march 6st, the day we changed the date in the GHL computer to 6th june.

Is there an easy way to get around this?

Thanks in advance!!

And thanks to GHL for giving us a discount for the equipment to this spawning experiment!

David
    Sjöfartsmuseet Akvariet
    The Maritime Museum & Aquarium Gothenburg Sweden

Hello David,

Are you saying the measurement recording stopped after changing the date to June 6?

Yes. I only see the last measurement on temp, pH etc. When clicking on chart, the chart only shows until mars 6th. So I can’t see the new measurements on the charts even if they are taken. This goes for the KH Director too which we use in the same setup.

Bump

Hello,

in order to solve this issue, it will be best if you create a ticket and also post the Settings and measurement data from GHL Control Center.
    If the device is online with myGHL, you can also provide the myGHL-ID. With it we are able to look into the database.

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/sup...ets-enquiries/
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasF View Post
    Hello,

in order to solve this issue, it will be best if you create a ticket and also post the Settings and measurement data from GHL Control Center.
    If the device is online with myGHL, you can also provide the myGHL-ID. With it we are able to look into the database.

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/sup...ets-enquiries/
    Great!

The myGHL-ID for this decive is: 3166735026

In fact, the measurement data is incoming and has the future dated timestamps of June.
    The problem is the current time set on your frontend device, which GHL Connect relies on getting the time for now.

As a workaround you can use the Logbook and add a value, which you can use to compare it agains the sensors you want and set the time range to a future date.
    The sensor charts are planned to behave like the Logbook charts and I'll forward this to speed this a little up.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

In fact, the measurement data is incoming and has the future dated timestamps of June.
    The problem is the current time set on your frontend device, which GHL Connect relies on getting the time for now.

As a workaround you can use the Logbook and add a value, which you can use to compare it agains the sensors you want and set the time range to a future date.
    The sensor charts are planned to behave like the Logbook charts and I'll forward this to speed this a little up.
    Thank you for the answer.

With frontend device, you mean the computer or smart phone used to display myGHL?

I will have a look at the logbook function. I haven't used it yet. Is it possible to log automatically in the logbook, or does it have to be manual logs?

The Logbook is meant to be used for taking manual measurements and note them or other notes.
    But a single manually edited entry is enough to compare it in the Chart-tab.

The Logbook is meant to be used for taking manual measurements and note them or other notes.
    But a single manually edited entry is enough to compare it in the Chart-tab.
    Got it now! Yes, that work to get the charts. Brilliant!

I was almost on my way to install an old computer to just run this GHL device, but this will do fine

Thank you for great support!

/ David