Thread: Controlling heaters with the ProfiLux and powerbar

Default Controlling heaters with the ProfiLux and powerbar

Hi i have just purchased a ProfiLux set and am trying get my head round it all I’m trying work out the best way to control the 2 x titanium heaters I currently have. I have tried searching online but everyone has their own opinions so thought I would ask the pros. At the moment they are plugged into an aqua medic heating controller through a dual plug. Am I best leaving them connected to that or having them plugged into the ghl powerbar but obviously taking up 2 sockets on it, or could I connect both of them to one socket on the power bar through a dual plug. Or would it be safer to have one heater connected to the power bar then he other connected to the aqua medic controller plugged it completely separate so that if one fails there is always a back up. How is everyone els doing it. Thanks in advance rob

Hi Rob,

Welcome to the GHL club.

Either option would be fine. Just keep in-mind the 15A limit of the Powerbar and make sure you're not going over that amount.
    If you choose to connect both heaters to a single outlet, both will react at the same time.

In the ProfiLux, you will want to go to the Temperature probe settings page and set the desired temperature.
    We have a video here which shows how to setup basic heating control:

Ok thanks vinny. I think I will go with plugging one heater into the power bar and one into the aqua medic controller that way I have a backup incase one fails.