Thread: Issues with a new KH director

Default Issues with a new KH director

First of all i had to make a new account because the forum software doesnt seem to know the reply to its own questions. At night all cats are gray not grey... and there are definatly 3/three L's in parallel the last time i checked...

Ok just got a new KH director & doser SA and having issues:

1) connecting to the unit via myGHL seems to be impossible, it asks for a security key, which is still -- in the control software and 0 in the app. So can only access the unit when i put it in AP mode or with the control sofware on a PC (i have mac so thats already anoying) I have tried all kind of router options and adjusted IP, gateways and tried of the two networks i have running in the place.

2) Setting up in AP mode goes fine until i try to calibrate the probe, I can not calibrate the probe it gives me an error as of it doesnt exists with the phone app, please also confirm i can use other calibration fluids as by the time this works my included fluids will be out of the container for hours...

I do not have a profilux but the ION director is paid for and waiting on it.

3) the BNC cable of the probe is really way to short less than a meter, my units are on the side of the tank so the only way to place the probe is in the main tank. Can i use a BNC extention cable?

1. You will not be able to connect through myGHL until the doser has been added to your home network. When you enter your WiFi details into the doser, make sure you are correctly typing-in the network name and password. These fields are case sensitive. If you are following the Static IP address setup video, make sure you are assigning an IP address that does not already belong to another device on your network. Having the IP address end in .150 or .200 works for most. Lastly, make sure you are disconnecting from the doser, otherwise the WiFi settings will not be applied.

2. As long as the fluids are 4 and 7, that is fine.

3. There is no need to extend the probe cable. Please refer to the instructions for proper probe setup.

1) Sorry but i added to my home network via Lan, wifi 1 and wifi 2, non work. Added fixed ip and non fixed ip, differnt ones in different ranges as both networks operated in different ranges. Nothing seems to make it show a security key, either in AP mode or with the control software... you cant go to the second step in the ID process if it wasnt connecting to your home network....

2) calibration solved, app is just not working, very anoying only can do via PC.

3) i was talking about the calibration, sorry i formulated that wrongly, the cable is long enough to go to the unit but not for me to calibrate anywhere but "in the air" but solved

Ok solved the connection issue, basicly the cloud server for myGHL is very slow from my location and this is making the setup horrendous.

myGHL performance heavily relies on a stable internet connection either via LAN or Wi-Fi.
    Signal or service interruptions will result in slower load times for myGHL.

Sorry its the performance of myGHL servers pings are 140ms, while lets say your competitors are 40ms, I have no issue with google/microsoft based cloud products also...