Thread: Mitras LX 7206 Power Balancing question

Default Mitras LX 7206 Power Balancing question

I posted this question at the tail end of another query I had but I think it better to start a new thread on it...

I'm not very clear on how exactly the Mitras LX 7206 power balancing works:

Let's say I want to boost the blue and hyperviolet channels to 110%. Currently, in the illumination channel settings at peak lighting I have the blues at 100% (as well as the hyperviolet), red and green at 12%, the UV at 60%, cool white at 30%, sky white at 20%.

Can I just change the blue channels (and hyperviolet) power balancing to 110% and leave the others at 100% since they don't use anywhere near the 100%? Or do I have to lower the power usage of the others below 100% in order for the Mitras to use the leftover power for the 110% in the blues?

Hopefully it's automatic because if you need to lower the other less than 100% then I would need to calculate what illumination channel setting to set in order to for example stay at 60% UV (assuming that if I lower the power balancing for the UV to let's say 90% that translates into 90% of 60%?)...

Thanks!

As mentioned in the power balancing page, in order to utilize the full power of the lights through PBT, the average of all 9 channels on that page must equal to 100%.
    That means any channel on your schedule which is not being used at 100% can be lowered in the PBT settings. The amount these channels can be lowered doesn't have to be exact. As long as you increase the channels you want and the average totals out to 100%, you will be able to get the most out of the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    As mentioned in the power balancing page, in order to utilize the full power of the lights through PBT, the average of all 9 channels on that page must equal to 100%.
    That means any channel on your schedule which is not being used at 100% can be lowered in the PBT settings. The amount these channels can be lowered doesn't have to be exact. As long as you increase the channels you want and the average totals out to 100%, you will be able to get the most out of the light.
    Thanks for the reply.

Just to be clear:

If I lower the PBT of the green channel from 100% to 80% won't that lower the actual green channel output to 80% of 12%, or to 9.6%?

Or is it that as long as what I lower the PBT of the green channel to is more than 12% then the green channel will continue output at 12%? or, to put it another way, that the green channel output will remain at 12% until/unless the PBT of the green channel is lowered to below 12%?

Thanks!

If your schedule runs a channel at 12% and you lower the PBT setting for that channel to 50%...that channel will still run at 12%.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    If your schedule runs a channel at 12% and you lower the PBT setting for that channel to 50%...that channel will still run at 12%.
    Ok, that makes it much clearer. So as long as the PBT is not set lower than the illumination channel setting then the illumination channel setting does not change. However any increase in the PBT above 100% of a channel will increase that channel illumination setting (ie setting the PBT at 130% will increase and illumination channel set at 100% to 130%).

This detail is not explained in the manual as far as I could tell and that's why it was not clear to me.

Thanks Vinny!