Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Failure to connect to existing wi-fi with doser 2

Default Failure to connect to existing wi-fi with doser 2

I am running a doser 2 stand-alone with newest updated firmwares as of 2/12/20. Following the GHL doser resource guide I get all the way to the point of saving my WiFi network information in the GCC via USB, assigning an IP address, and then upon disconnecting the doser fails to connect to my existing WiFi through the standard connection.

I need to get this running to set up MyGHL. Any suggestions?

Go through your network settings and make sure they match what you entered into the doser's WiFi settings. Check for any errors in the network name or password. These fields are case sensitive. Any white spaces or wrongly type-in characters will prevent you from connecting wirelessly.

Also check the IP address you assigned. Make sure the IP you are assigning is NOT already being used by another device on your network.

If you also post screenshots of your network settings result (after typing in ipconfig in windows command prompt) and your doser WiFi settings, that will help pinpoint where a change is needed.

The IP address on your GCC screenshot (10.0.0.254) does not match the IP address of the app screenshot (10.10.100.254).
    And also you're using the old app which isn't supported anymore. Please install our new app GHL Connect.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by Thilo View Post
    The IP address on your GCC screenshot (10.0.0.254) does not match the IP address of the app screenshot (10.10.100.254).
    And also you're using the old app which isn't supported anymore. Please install our new app GHL Connect.
    Do you all have phone support to walk through this?

1. I tried to change the IP address within GCC to match that of the doser; it did not allow me to enter the second and third sections as 10.10 instead of 0.0; the software did not allow me to change them.
    2. I’ve been trying to get off the unsupported app but the connect app cannot find my doser! Hence the old app is the only way I can connect to my doser without a USB cord.

Could I actually talk to someone on the phone to help me resolve this or give remote access to the GCC within your support group?

This attempt to get on my existing wifi was driven by the fact that:

1. I need to get on my existing WiFi to logon to myGHL.
    2. I need to get on myGHL to get running on the connect app.
    3. Hence I do not believe I can get running on the connect app without first getting this WiFi connection work.

I attempted to install and connect to the “Connect” app again after changing the IP address within GCC to match that of the doser in the old app; no success. Connecting through the old app directly connected to the doser WiFi is the only way I can adjust my doser settings without a USB connection. If you could help me resolve this and get on myGHL and connected to the new app that would be wonderful.