Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Email Notification Thread

Default Another Email Notification Thread

Hello all

Sorry for another email notification thread but I simply cannot get this to work and I have been searching the internet for weeks now and tried so many different combinations

To give some background, I had notifications working last summer but had to reset my unit and do not have the settings saved from previously.

I have tried various combinations of smtp/mail named servers, different ports, sending from different emails and to different emails, tried outlook/gmail/gmx/yahoo, and enabled less secure apps and released captcha for gmail

Nothing works.....

Broadband provider is Virgin Media in the UK

I am able to access the MyGHL enabled Profilux 4 device when on a different network, i.e. when I'm not at home, and see sensor readings, etc

I'd really appreciate some specific help on (preferably) getting the correct settings for GMX (email ends @gmx.com) and a fully updated Profilux 4 within a Virgin Media UK broadband router

Kind regards
    Scott

Hello,

the necessary smtp settings for gmx.net should as following:

Port: 587 (TLS) or 465 (SSL)
    SMTP-server: mail.gmx.net
    Email address: GMX E-Mail address
    Username: GMX E-Mail address
    Password: GMX E-Mail password
    We cannot test this on our side, but this is well-known to work for other ProfiLux 4 users.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

That doesn't appear to be working and I've tried both ports

In the last few days, I've tried sending from and to many different email addresses with their appropriate settings but no joy

Does the gateway have an effect or does access to myghl mean this is correct and not a cause of my issues?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Please, create a support ticket, where we can share detailled information and track this issue down:

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/sup...ets-enquiries/
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Good evening
    I have raised a ticket as requested
    Regards
    Scott

did you find your problem?

i have been having same issues since i changed password for my account...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.big View Post
    did you find your problem?

i have been having same issues since i changed password for my account...
    Yes, send me a pm and I'll find the thread I did on my local reefing site with the solution

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot for answering, after 3 hours i figured it out. problem with gmail safety.

Dear folks,

I am trying to configure an Outlook account but fails. I've tried with all the Microsoft and Office 365 public SMTP servers and ports without success.

Where can I found logs with the error trace?

Does anyone had the same problem and solved it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Oscar.

Hi Oscar,

we can try to figure this out if you provide more details on the used SMTP settings.

Therefore please create here a ticket: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/sup...ets-enquiries/