Thread: Mitras LX7206 increasing output to 150% for blue channels

Default Mitras LX7206 increasing output to 150% for blue channels

I have created a spectral match to the Radion Coral AB+ schedule, however it required me to push the blue channels to 150% output. I know the light will reduce the intensity to control the temperature if the fans cannot maintain temperature at the setpoint. Is there anything I need to worry about in using a schedule like this?

No need to worry at all.
    The leds even at "150%" of their normal power output will still run within the optimal performance parameters of each diode.

The problem will be that it will get too hot and then the thermal control lowers the power to the whole fixture so that you will never run on the max what the device suggest.... I am always on 65 degrees celcius with a poor PAR output. It only works with high power with additional cooling.

If your are experiencing this effect, either their is not enough air circulation around the fixture, ambient temperature is too warm, or fan speed not set to 100%.

Sounds like a great program others would want to try. Any chance you want to upload this program to the Mitras Light composer projects so others can use it?

Thanks

Ambient temp is around 22 degrees celcius. Fan is set to 100 and pool tank so no air circulation issue. I ve already removed the top covers which lowers the temp a few degrees. Matthias said that HV and UV channels set to 100% (as it was in my case) is not that optimal. But still i think the heat management in the LX Series is not optimal. I think a open heat sink design with one big fan that pushes the air trough the heat sink channels would be more efficient (like the ai hydra design or ecotech marine Radion). Just my thoughts