Thread: PropellerBreeze 3-6 not working correctly

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default PropellerBreeze 3-6 not working correctly

(I can't seem to open a ticket using Firefox so I'm posting this here)

I purchased a third PropellerBreeze 3-6 and installed it. However, it pushes almost no air, even when 10v is sent to it via the Profilux 4 (connected to an Expansion Box 2) compared to the other PropellerBreeze units.

The only difference in the installation of this one compared to the other two is that it is farther away so I had to use a longer RJ11 cable that I purchased elsewhere. I can't test it with the cable that came with the controller without some difficulty (cables are in place and can't move the expansion box closer...).

If I unplug the RJ11 cable from the controller, the fans stop. However, if I set the L port to "Always off" instead of "Temperature 1" and save the settings, the fans continue to spin...

I have one 0-10v expansion card in the Profilux 4 so the 0-10v interfaces on the Profilux go from 1 to 10. Can someone confirm that the L3/4 port on the Expansion Box 2 corresponds to 0-10v interface 13, without using a Y splitter?

Thanks!

Laith

Hello Laith,

In order to rule out the possibility of that longer RJ11 cable being the cause, you would need to bring the fans close enough to test it out with the original cable.

Which 1-10v expansion card do you have installed in your P4?
    The port numbering in the Expansion box (L1/L2, L3/L4) would start after the last number in the P4 w/Expansion card.
    P4 on-board ports --> L1-L6 --> PLM-4L --> L7-L10--> EXB2 on-board ports --> L11/12 (L1/L2)...L13/14 (L3/L4)

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Hello Laith,

In order to rule out the possibility of that longer RJ11 cable being the cause, you would need to bring the fans close enough to test it out with the original cable.

Which 1-10v expansion card do you have installed in your P4?
    The port numbering in the Expansion box (L1/L2, L3/L4) would start after the last number in the P4 w/Expansion card.
    P4 on-board ports --> L1-L6 --> PLM-4L --> L7-L10--> EXB2 on-board ports --> L11/12 (L1/L2)...L13/14 (L3/L4)
    Hello Vinny,

Yes, that's the expansion card I have in the P4 (PLM-4L, the one with two L ports). So without a Y splitter on L3/L4 of the Expansion Box whatever is connected in that port would be L13, if I understand correctly.

And I agree I need to test with the original cable. In order to do that I need to redo some cabling which I'm not looking forward to! :-)