Thread: ATO & water change control fail safe timer questions.

Default ATO & water change control fail safe timer questions.

Upon setting up the ATO & water change combo control I want to set up the failsafe timer correctly. However I need to know which of the three circuits it effects and how?

The three circuits are “Fill water ATO only”, “Fill water AWC only” and “drain water”.

There is only one fail safe timer. Which circuit does the timer effect?

If the timer effects all three circuits individually this is unacceptable. For instance it takes 7min for each part of the AWC using Two sensors separated by 1.5” to complete it’s process. However using this ATO & water change control the ATO side uses 1 sensor and it only takes about 10 seconds to perform it’s task.

Also with an evaporation rate of 1.25 gallons a day the ATO side of this control is on and off 20-30 times a day.

More and more it’s looking like I need to set up a separate ATO and AWC. This way I can control timeout the fail safe function of both circuits.

The other question is when you are running a separate AWC and ATO does the ATO automatically shut off or does this need to be set up with two separate timers? IE one timer to shut off the ATO function while the AWC timer runs the AWC process.

In a perfect world I would have 2 sensors for ATO, 2 sensors for AWC. The top sensor would be shared while the two circuits would have separate low level sensors. Each circuit would have separate fail safe timers. When the AWC starts it automatically tops off RODI and then shuts off ATO functions till the AWC finishes. The real trick would be that the system would auto top off before doing a water change. This way you don’t slowly increase salinity because the AWC started while the water level was lower. Also being able to add another highlevel sensor to shut things down if the timers fail.
    Last edited by AZfishkeeper; 15.01.2020 at 14:29.