Thread: How to set up Doser Maxi for large volume dosing (No3 RX)

Default How to set up Doser Maxi for large volume dosing (No3 RX)

Guys i'm a bit stuck,

How would you set up a Dose Maxi to dose say 216ltrs in 24hrs period ?

I'm struggling to understand what seems to be the 3 variables used in GHL dose logic:

1) Flow rate of the pump
    2) Max speed
    3) Dose per p/day
    4) Rate p/dose

Do i understand them correctly ?

1) no idea...
    2) The speed that the motor turns at (faster for large volumes, probably less accurate and wears out the heads sooner)
    3) The total volume dosed in a 24hrs period ?
    4) The actual amount dosed each time

With No1 i cannot understand what this means unless it's a variable rate Peristaltic head which i believe it is not, correct ?

What should my setting looks like to achieve desired 216ltrs p/day ?

PS: i read the Doser Maxi manual but there's almost no info and how use the device as a doser, it's all about connectivity.

OK some progress i think.

I believe the flow rate value to be the actual result from a calibration ?

But there is a limit on the number of doses (150) and a max rate dose of 200ml and in my calculations 150 x 200 = 30ltrs so how on earth do you dose more than 30ltrs in 1 day ?

Hi,
    yes, there's a limit of 30000ml.
    If you want go any further, you can 'scale' the flowrate with a factor x0.1.
    This means: Changing your flowrate of 200ml/min to 20ml/min would give you 30000*10ml=300l
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thank you Sir,

Alles ist klar !

To confirm this works !!!

As Matthias said it's a factor of the actual flow rate.

One thing i did see though is the number of doses requested will NOT be achieved. If you time the cycle from each dose (start to start time) then add the dose time to know the total cycle time it means that the 150 doses p/day CANNOT be achieved. I checked this very carefully and with my parameters it means a max of 110 doses p/day even though it's set at 150. I've been testing it all day so i'm pretty sure this is the case. In order to compensate this i have just increased the dosing volume per dose in order to achieve my daily target, slightly odd though.