Thread: Radion control

Default Radion control

I know this has been discussed 1000 times before, but hear me out.

Locking people into an ecosystem is something which Apple would do, and even they have been (slowly) opening things up and standardising.

Your own LED's should stand out on their own and be able to compete against other brands.
    Locking users into GHL by saying you can only control LED's if they come from GHL, is poor form.

Give people choice, show people that they can build an integrated system using any of the major brands, then show them that your own LED's are as good or even better.

As much as I am not a fan of Apex, this is an area they are leading, with open integration to all the major brands. Granted they do not have their own LED's, but from a platform perspective they are setting out the principle of openness.

I would have loved the Mitras, but it didn't meet my needs and goals, as I wanted T5 / LED Hybrid and with the Mitras would have been too wide for my tank.

Don't punish people for not owning the Mitras, don't be Apple, put the customer first and give them choice, they will reward you for it.

This kind of feature is a two-way street where both parties must collaborate.
    We don't have the necessary info from ETM to enable this control.

Agreed, but you can overcome that challenge, if you wanted to, Neptune managed it, and you have an existing relationship from the pump controller.

Take off you GHL hat for a minute and look at it through this lense...

You guys are trying hard to break into the US market, which was traditionally Apex based. Ecotech is a US company and widely used in the US.

Imagine saying to the US "One app, one system can control your entire tank with robust integrated features". Boom, sold.
    Why get a crappy Apex, when GHL can support what I want to do, without being locked into an ecosystem.

My latest Profilux is my third over nearly 10 years, this time around my finger very nearly clicked on the buy button for an Apex for this one feature alone.
    I simply couldn't make the Mitras fit what I wanted to achieve with the tank width I have, so Radion it was.

Build a new "all in one" controller for the pumps and radions, every man and his dog will want one.

Here goes: "Hey Ecotech, GHL here, you know we did some cool stuff with pumps a few years back, well our customers would love it to extend this capability to the Radions. How bout we collab and make our customer happy?"

Last edited by kingy138; 16.12.2019 at 22:49.

I want to be able to control my Vectras as well.