Thread: 2nd Temp Sensor Drifting High

Default 2nd Temp Sensor Drifting High

Hi,

I have two digital temp sensors, the second connected via the PH/Temp expansion card directly into the Profilux.

Initial, when first installed, both sensors were giving consistent readings, only +/- 0.1 difference.
    However after a number of hours sitting in water, the two numbers have been drifting apart significantly.

Probe 1 is naturally dropping in temperature (23.9C), as the water has no heater attached. Probe 2 however is increasing in temperature (28.2C)

I suspected it may be a probe issue, so I disconnected everything and swapped them over.
    To my surprise, I get the exact same reading.

Both probes give exactly the same reading in either port, so this discounts the issue being with the probes themselves.

I have tested the water temp with a 3rd party tester and the probe connected to port 1 on the profilux is accurate, port 2 from the expansion card is always not correct.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks,
    Dave

I forgot to mention that I had a virtual sensor set as average for the two temp probes.

I just deleted the virtual sensor and then reset both probes, this has realigned them both back to being both the correct values.

I've now recreated the virtual sensor again, so we can see if it drift again.

After deleting the virtual probe and resetting everything, then setting up again, it appeared ok for a while, but then the expansion probe started to drift upwards again.

However I now seem to have fixed it.
    I once again deleted the virtual probe, then I pressed the button “fix issue with probe” within the config of each of the real probes, I restarted the ProfiLux and then recreated the virtual probe.

Since then it’s been tracking correctly on all probes.
    Weird.

If this problem occurs once again, create a ticket in our support-system and provide information about the system (System report, backup file via GHL Control Center):

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/sup...ets-enquiries/
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.