Thread: Ion director questions

Default Ion director questions

Today the Ion director was announced but I have a couple of questions that remain unanswered.

1: How many tests can be performed with the 500ml reference fluid bottles?
    2: What is the price of reference replacement bottles and in what sizes will they come?
    3: What is the expected life expectancy in months and/or number of tests if the
    Ion Director probe?
    4: How long can both the reference fluid and probe be stored? (I currently consider pre-ordering the Ion Director but not use it on my current tank as it will be replaced in the first half of 2020 so I would be storing it untill then)

More information about the reference fluid has now been announced via our newsletter:
    Price for reference fluid

One of the goals in the development of the ION Director is to keep the cost per measurement as low as possible.
    In cooperation with a German producer of chemicals, we have succeeded in developing a very precise yet cost-effective reference fluid: 1 litre of reference fluid will cost only 24.90 € (incl. German VAT, excl. shipping). Per measurement 2 reference fluids are needed, the quantity is maximum 10 ml per measurement.
    This results in a maximum cost of 50 cents for a simultaneous measurement of Ca, Mg, K, Na and NO3. In contrast to solutions from other vendors, which require a minimum number of daily measurements, the IOND user determines the daily costs himself: The number of daily automatic measurements is adjustable between 0 (then only manual measurements) and 24.
    We are currently working on further reducing the amount required - without compromising measurement accuracy - which will further reduce the cost per measurement.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.