Thread: Profilux 4 vs. Jebao RW8

Default Profilux 4 vs. Jebao RW8

Hello!

Is it allowed to control a Jebao RW8 with the P4 via L ports?
    I mean with a voltage divider (for example two 4.7k resistors) to make it 0-5V?

Will this void warranty and/or fry the L port?

Thanks!

Hi,

You would need a pump controller, that has support for external 0-10v interfaces. The L-ports have a rated current max of 20 mA and are not meant to drive a pump directly.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hello!

I didn't mean to drive the (24V ~1A) pump with the L-ports, only to control it, like a Tunze pump. The Jebao takes a 0-5V signal as a control signal, and was thinking that by using two resistors with the same value it would be possible to divide the 1-10V to 0.5-5V. That's how I've used it on my previous controller (not GHL, it was an Arduino & an RC circuit).
    I just don't know if the current that it takes for controlling is higher or lower than 20mA, but I guess if it didn't blew the arduino, then the P4 would also be fine with it..
    I understand it's a poor quality pump & because of that it doesn't fit the GHL point of view of quality, so it might be the best to swap it for a Tunze at least, especially if hooking it up to the P4 like such would void the warranty.

I'm sure you can use this pump.
    You can configure the minimum and maximum voltages for each interface seperately without having to use a voltage divider.

See this screenshot of GHL Control Center->1-10V-interfaces:
    0.jpg
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thank You very much!

I already have the voltage divider soldered in the wiring, so I'll just transfer it from my old controler as-is, and hope for the best

But how would you get the control over the Jebao pumps? I have RW20 pumps with each a controller but without any option to transfer the lead to a separate controller.

I have opened up the Jebao control box & desoldered the 3 lead pigtail that connects to the pump, and the DC jack also. Then it's just a matter of resistors (voltage divider), and soldering the correct leads to eachother + a 2 pole wire that goes to the breakoutbox of the GHL (0-10V & GND)
    You then end up with a connector like this:

jebao.jpg

The Jebao control box is not used or needed, it doesn't do anything just creates a 0-5V signal anyway, the "real" controller is inside the pump itself.

Found this picture in my archives. Maybe it gives a better understanding, ignore the Arduino (Blue board).

jebao2.jpg

You can google jebao pinout, and you'll find the circuit diagram for the correct soldering. Just be careful, as you don't want to mess anything up as that might fry either the profilux or the pump, or both. It wouldn't be a good idea to accidentally push 24VDC into the Profilux. So do at own risk. I highly recommend experimenting on an Arduino instead, and only if you get it working with that transfer it to the Profilux!!!!
    I know this is a bit ghetto, but it's close to free (unless you connect something wrong and fry something expensive or burn your house down), and works well.
    Last edited by LC8Sumi; 01.03.2020 at 00:59.

Or you can buy the official Jebao box (google "GHL to Adpater Jebao RW DC WP Pump"), and fabricate an RJ45 to RJ12 cable to directly connect it to an L-port on the Profilux (or cut off one end of an RJ45 ethernet cable, and use it with a GHL breakout-box).
    This is a lot more safer and looks a ton better. If you go this route, you need a 6A 24V DC power supply (can be bought at the same place as the Jebao box) to drive two RW20's.
    Last edited by LC8Sumi; 01.03.2020 at 01:07.