Thread: Profilux 4 firmware 7.29 bugs and artefacts

Rotes Gesicht Profilux 4 firmware 7.29 bugs and artefacts

Hello Folks

I know I've been onto these artefacts before but they are still around, so I'd point them out for the GHL team to evaluate

There is some clutter in some of the textboxes around the GCC, tips is one and here is another example

I run the software on windows 7 64 bit, but it shouldn't look like this

Clutter.png

Then there is this old Colourbox bug, I pointed it out before, the first colour never seems to stick

Color bug illumination 2.jpg

Color bug illumination 1.jpg

I guess there is a typo in the source code somewhere, leaving this artefact in the build.

UPDATE:
    I just checked these things out on a win 10 pro machine and there everything looks right, so I guess its' a windows 7 issue

Cheers, Brock
    Last edited by Mistahbrock; 28.11.2019 at 06:27.

Hi, the first problem is a problem with the Internet Explorer. Please use another browser for the webinterface.

We will check the second problem.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hello again

Also, the email notifications is really coming and going, I maybe my home network but I can't decipher when and why the system is working or not, any advice will be welcomed

Okay, now from the win 10 machine...

There is something going on with the fonts, regarding the celcius sign
    Screenshot 2019-11-26 at 00.43.11.jpg

Screenshot 2019-11-26 at 00.42.31.jpg
    Last edited by Mistahbrock; 26.11.2019 at 02:52.

Way too many crashes...

crash.jpg

And after crash I have to restart as the P€ is missing, my guess is memory handling in the coding
    I run a pc win 10 via Remote Desktop client, it may be the cause, but I doubt it

After Crash.jpg

Cheers, Brock
    Last edited by Mistahbrock; 28.11.2019 at 01:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistahbrock View Post
    There is something going on with the fonts, regarding the celcius sign
    GCC uses the default fonts. Please check if they haven't been modified. Or try re-installing GCC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistahbrock View Post
    And after crash I have to restart as the P€ is missing
    Please try closing GCC directly after adding the connection and then open it again. The connection should then be saved.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi Thilo

This font problem is present on different machines

And the GCC both crashes and closes itself before I can do anything

Best regards, Brock