Thread: various questions about setup and inconsistency test results

Default various questions about setup and inconsistency test results

Hi,

1) can someone explain the functions and the differences between these 3 buttons ? A) vent internal reagent tube B) flush measurement cell C) empty measurement cell completely ? wouldn't "flushing" a cell "empty" it ? Can the moderators possibly provide a picture of underneath the kh director hood to demonstrate exactly what these buttons are doing ? Also is it possible to replace the top of the kh director with a custom cut clear acrylic so that we can view what exactly is going on during testing to see if cells are being flushed or emptied correctly ?
    that is, can this be done without voiding the warranty ?

2) in measuring the sample water tube length. on the intake side, a section about 6cm is submerged underneath the water to ensure it doesn't suck in air bubbles. this 6cm portion that is underneath the water, do I subtract this in calculating the total water sample tube length ?

3) what is the minimum amount of water sample required for accurate reading ? the default is 80ml. can we go below ? my total tank volume is only 23 gallon. I'm afraid the used up water will slowly affect salinity. It seems to me only very small amount of reagent is being used in each test, and the resulting waste water is pretty clear. What would happen if we just put back the waste water into the sump ? what chemicals is in the reagent that would affect the tank water parameter ?

4) In GCC, I have enabled "record measurement values" check box. But I don't see the data anywhere other then the current one. How do I get to the dkh logging sheet in GCC ? in the android app, there is a "chart" tab but when I click on it, it says "no measurement data has been recorded fo this sensor on myGHL yet"

5) on the waste water doser pump. the intake side (to the khd) I used the tubing provided at the specified length 17cm. but on the output side, i used a different tubing. it's also a silicone tubing and almost identical to the one provided, just different brand. i thought since it's the waste water doser and also the outtake side, it shouldn't affect accuracy of test. am i right in assuming this ?

6) we are suppose to use the flex pvc tube for the reagent doser, on both intake and output side right ?

7) lastly I also another doser 2.1 setup for ATO function. after the khd test begins, because small amount of water is being sucked out, the ATO starts refilling. Is there an automatic way to pause the ATO function until the KHD test finishes testing ? can we program the ATO pump to do this or do we have to manually pause it everytime the test runs ?

Thank you very much for help and suggestions.
    Last edited by george7523; 24.11.2019 at 22:52.

Please check the FAQs and manuals on our official support channels first and the tell us waht is still unclear: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/support/
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi Thilo,

before posting the question, I have already read the manual. they weren't explained in the manual or the FAQ or the youtube video. that is why i'm posting the questions here. did you actually read my questions ?

questions 4), 5), 6), 7) you can disregard but please help me with the other questions. KH director / doser 2 is quite expensive at $900, I would expect the support to come with its price.

If I continue to have problems with my unit, what is your policy on returns ? I have received my unit only 4 days ago.

thanks
    Last edited by george7523; 26.11.2019 at 22:06.

1:
    'Vent internal reagent tube' activates the reagent pump for a few seconds to make sure, that there is no air in the tube.
    'Flush measurement cell' fills the cell with some water and then empties the cell
    'Empty measurement cell completely' empties the cell completely. This can be used if some action was aborted before the cell got emptied.

2:
    You should add this to the total length, because the tube should be emptied completely after measurement to prevent using old sample water on the next test.

3:
    The minimum amount you can enter (50ml) still delivers reliable results. But the accuracy can be a bit lower.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.