Thread: New tank, how many Mitras

Default New tank, how many Mitras

Hi everyone,

I am buidling my first reef tank. The size is 200 (L) cm x 90 cm (H) x 85 cm (W)

Will three Mitras LX 7206 be enough to cover it?

I am also thinking of getting the Profilux, KH Director, ION director (bundles with the dosing pumps).

Best regards,

Miloš

Hello Miloš,

If you position the Mitras perpendicular to the length of the tank, 3x LX7206 fixtures will be enough for a mixed reef.
    If you plan to have mostly SPS, we recommend using 4 fixtures. Doing so will allow the SPS to develop proper coloration at the very ends of your tank, including the underside of the SPS coral.

Hi Vinny,

Thanks for the answer. Yes, I was thinking of putting them perpendicularily to the length of the tank. I just wasn't sure if 3 fixtures would be enough. Great!

My tank will be a bit high (90 cm). Will the PAR (or whatever other) values be high enough for the corals at the bottom?

PAR at the bottom will depend on the layout of the rock, placement of coral, depth of sand, and distance of fixture from the water surface.
    It also depends on the type of coral which will be at the bottom. If you will have SPS at the bottom, then 4 fixtures would be the better option as the overlapping light will increase PAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Hello Miloš,

If you position the Mitras perpendicular to the length of the tank, 3x LX7206 fixtures will be enough for a mixed reef.
    If you plan to have mostly SPS, we recommend using 4 fixtures. Doing so will allow the SPS to develop proper coloration at the very ends of your tank, including the underside of the SPS coral.
    Hi...

I'm planning to build 8 feet length and 4 feet width and 2.5 feet height ie 8*4*2.5 (lbh) feet ..

Tank - Mixed reef

How many Mitra's wil be required to cover the entire tank ???

At what height Mitra's should be placed from water level ?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

@sabarish
    For that size tank, 4-5 Mitras LX7206 mounted 10-12" off the water would be ideal.

Depending on the planned layout of your rockwork and coral placement, you may need more.
    If there will be rocks starting all the way from the back of the tank and coming up to the front, then 6 fixtures positioned parallel to the length of the tank.
    Like this:

--- --- --- (Row #1)
    --- --- --- (Row #2)
    Last edited by Vinny; 24.04.2020 at 18:15.

@sabarish
    For that size tank, 4-5 Mitras LX7206 mounted 10-12" off the water would be ideal.

Depending on the planned layout of your rockwork and coral placement, you may need more.
    If there will be rocks starting all the way from the back of the tank and coming up to the front, then 6 fixtures positioned parallel to the length of the tank.
    Like this:

--- --- --- (Row #1)
    --- --- --- (Row #2)
    Thank you..What's the ideal coverage of each Mitra's ?

Approximately 36" x 24" for the 6-cluster LX7.

Approximately 36" x 24" for the 6-cluster LX7.
    Thank you