Thread: KHD can i use lower speeds in pump 1 and pump 3..."water inlet and outlet"

Default KHD can i use lower speeds in pump 1 and pump 3..."water inlet and outlet"

Hello.. I set up my khd about a month ago with a brand new 2.1 doser... But pump 1 and pump 3 after 1 week at 2 tests per day.. Started squeeking.. Annoying noise from a super doser...i observed a dusty residue on the rolers of pump 1 and 3 and some wear in the blue cap.. I atribute that wear to the pump speed beeing at max.. Because pump 4 of the same doser works at speed zero dosing elements in more volume that pump1 and 3 per day and shows no wear at all... My question is.. Can i use speed 1 or 2 in the khd intake and outlet.. I dont care if it takes longer to test.. I only test twice a day...

I also have an older doser.. 9 months all 4 pumps at speed zero...
    And all pumps show zero wear... So my guess is speed 3 creates heat by friction and starts deteriorating the blue caps.. It would be lovely to start using lower speeds in khd intake and outlet.. Because in 30 days i already see big wear im pump 1 and 3 after only pumping about 10 litres total volume trough those 2 pumps...and each time i calibrate them they show diferent values... Pump 2 and 4 remain the same calibration values.. So i guess im right.. Speed is the deteriorating factor
    Last edited by Fizo666; 17.11.2019 at 20:58.

Hi,

The pumps running the KHD should be set to the required speeds mentioned in the manual.
    If pump noise and excess wear continues to be an issue, please open a support ticket for further assistance.