Thread: Persitaltic off when PH equal X

Default Persitaltic off when PH equal X

Hello,
    I wanted to know if
    Can a peristaltic be stopped if the ph is equal to or greater than a specific figure?
    How?

Thansks

Yes, it is doable.
    How it is done depends on what kind of dosing pump you are using.

If using a standard ON/OFF dosing pump, it must be connected to an available Powerbar socket. That socket must then be set to pH decrease/increase function, depending on what exactly you're looking to do with it.
    For a GHL Doser controlled by a ProfiLux, the setup process will be slightly different.

Yes, I have a doser ghl 2.1 slave. I want to dose kalkwasser and I need to configure the peristaltic to dose only during the night and if the ph of the aquarium rises from 8.5 to stop the peristaltic.
    thanks

Some información?
    Thanks

One way to do this is using Programmable Logic:
    1. Choose desired pump channel and set it to react to a switch channel that not being used.
    2. Go to the PL settings page, select an unused Gate, set function to AND.
    3. Set Input 1 to an unusedTimer function and set Input 2 to pH value Alarm.
    4. Go to the timer function you selected in step 3 and set the "switchmode" to Auto dosing or Manual dosing, then enter your dosing schedule there.
    5. Go to the pH sensor settings page and set the desired pH value, hysteresis, and alarm conditions.
    6. Go to the switch channels settings page and select the switch channel you used in step 1. Set the function to the PL gate you chose in step 2.
    7. Save settings.

The above will allow the set dosing schedule to run, but only when the pH alarm has not been triggered.

Hi,
    thanks for the reply

In Programmable Logic I had to reverse the ph alarm, because otherwise I never dosed.
    but I don't understand the ph alarm. I set the ph nominal value 8.2 hysteresis 0.1. but the alarm puts me maximum deviation 0.5 then the alarm jumps when the ph is greater than 8.7 and I want it to jump when the ph is greater than 8.3

best regards
    Pelayo