Thread: Multiple problems with setup - day 3.

Default Multiple problems with setup - day 3.

I'm currently trying to configure my device. This has been an absolute nightmare.

My device is currently setup as a hotspot and on my network. I can connect through myghl, and the phone app - but GCC will not find the device - FUN! *Edit: I've tried over wifi and with the USB - it will not find the device either way*

Problem 2; my powerbar lights aren't on and the PAB add device will not find it. I've tried everything imaginable including all of the trouble shooting from the internet I can find. I tried the plug my display PAB is on, still nothing. It's plugged in, the on light is on but none of the lights on the front are illuminated. It's connected directly to the profilux through the cat-5 provided.

This has been an incredibly frustrating experience, and I'm extremely tech savvy.
    Last edited by pokesmotrva; 11.11.2019 at 00:25.

It's surprising that the official support forum hasn't responded in over 24 hours to a problem.

Hi,

for connecting via GCC, please manually enter the IP-address and/or select 'AUTO' as COM-port.

Regarding the Powerbar problem, please open a ticket and tell us the Powerbar model: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/sup...ets-enquiries/
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

By manually entering the IP address I was able to get through the configuration. However, after that is complete and I attempt to connect - it gives the same message: Could not connect. Do you want to check settings now?

Open to further advice.

The same IP address works in the App with a local connection?
    Which device are we talking about? Can you ping it from your PC?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Through the GCC, after entering the IP address manually I was able to connect through "Configuration" and get the follow:

So as far as I can tell it'll connect through the IP, but the GHL Control Center still cannot connect. I don't know how much it matters, since I'm able to connect through the ghl App on my phone and myghl.com on my computers. I do know that I cannot find a way to update firmware, though.
    Last edited by pokesmotrva; 13.11.2019 at 13:33.

Ok, then please run GCC as an admin and make sure it's not blocked by the firewall. Maybe also try disabling your antivirus software.

Run as administrator worked; I'm now able to connect GCC to my device. I double checked and the powerbar is still not an option to add to pab (even after a fresh system reset). My helpdesk ticket has been submitted about the powerbar.

Thank you for your assistance with GCC. Once the powerbar is resolved, all should be well.