Thread: Profilux controller to Mars Aqua led lamp...

Default Profilux controller to Mars Aqua led lamp...

Hi there!

Anybody did connect a Mars Aqua led lamp to a Profilux controller?

If you did it...did you find the way to mod the Mars Aqua dimmer to start at 0% and not at about 20% as factory setting?
    It would be nice to dim at 0% and ramping it up and down for a natural sunrise/sunset as the program in Profilux allow to do...

I found a post here but is 3 years old and nobody answers...also through PM...

https://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/s...x-dimmen/page2

Hope to hear a solution at this issue...

Danke!🦑

Nobody?

I'm sure someone would like to help you. I couldn't figure out how to dim the lamp either. Is there an official manual from the manufacturer that you can post here'?

Regards pit

Hi Pit!

Danke für die antwort...

You are the one who opened the other thread in 2016...Aren’t you?
    I wrote some days ago a PM...

So since 2016 you didn’t find any solution?

Don’t you have a manual from your Mars Aqua lamp?

I have but this is not much helpful...

I wrote in another forum from USA and I talked to a member who has skill in electronics (I really don’t know anything about it!)...and he said it is no possible to dim under 10% the Mars Aqua...You can mod wiring by connect RJ12 cable for the controller...but not dim at 0%.
    But I’m still working for this issue with him...so if I should have any news I will advise you.

So here in the GHL forum we are the only ones who want to dim Mars Aqua from 0% to 100% ?

Anyway...in these 3 years did you connect your Profilux to Mars Aqua?
    You can do it but of course you will start a sunrise at 10-15% and you will end with a sunset ramping down at 10%-15% only...till a solution to dim at 0% will be find...

Gruß

For each lamp, you just have to find a different controller. It seems simple, but even here some people make a mistake. There are people who don't realize that controllers come in different wattages. Others do not consider the voltage class as explained above. At the same time, the size of the device, does not always play a role. That is, some think that the bigger it is, the more powerful it is. However, it often happens that in the same design and housing, there are different parameters and power. When I bought a backlight from vont.com, I made the same mistake! Be careful not to lose your money and time!