Thread: Water change automatic problem

Default Water change automatic problem

Good morning guys,

yesterday I tried to set the automatic water change with GHL. I saw the video explaining the various steps, but I have several questions as I would like to decide when to change the water and not use the timer.

To better explain the situation:
    I have a 60-liter tank that I use to fill the RO water. I set the ATO float to the desired level in the tank and the float to empty the sump to the desired level. To reclaim the sump I use a 1000l / h pump.

Now I have set: Maintenance 1 so that in the tank it deactivates the top-up pump, turns on the heater and the movement pump. It keeps the solenoid valve of the osmosis system off.

Maintenance 2 turns off the skimmer and the return pump, and turns on the sump emptying pump. It keeps the solenoid valve of the osmosis system switched off in the event that it is disabled Maintenance 1. in the logic programs I created: P1 socket drain pump sump deley on 300 s. (to wait for all the water from the tank to go down in sump)

Now the problems begin.

1) How can I set the emptying pump to stop when it reaches the float and once it is reached turn off maintenance 1 so that the pump in the 60 liter tank fills the sump?

2) I have already set the skimmer with a logicic program so that if the sump water rises above a float it will stop. Now how can I tell you that when I remove maintenance 2 you have to reactivate 5 minutes after the return pump.

3) do you know how the automatic changeover with the timers was made? because I can't understand how to solve the problem with the skimmer and the pump as the sump level changes a lot, especially if you have to make 60-liter changes.

Thank you all for your help
    (p.s. i use google transletor )

Hi,

If you do not want to use the TIMER to activate the water change, you can skip that part in the how-to video.
    After you have assigned the drain and fill functions to the desired powerbar sockets, you will have the option to manually trigger the water change when you are ready.
    You can add a shortcut button in your app dashboard by adding the LEVEL tile.

The above would be done with the use of 2 float or 2 optical sensors. The lower sensor will tell the pump when to stop draining from the tank and the upper sensor will tell the pump when to stop filling the tank.

I feel so stupid.

Thank you so much for @Vinny.

I simply set up a maintenance to turn off the return pump and skimmer.
    In the levels an ACW (with ATO). Added the shortcut in the dashboard to activate the automatic change manually and now everything works.

It's all so different I don't know why because I went to think of using logic programming.

Thanks for everything. As always you are very kind

Happy to help.