Thread: KH Director Add on control mode settings

Default KH Director Add on control mode settings

My question is what would be a good starting point for settings in these fields. I have a 210 gallon tank. With a 50 gallon cheoto tank and a 50 gallon sump. Not sure what info you would need for assistance. I have about 12 different fish and mixed reef.

First step would be to determine your average KH needs through normal dosing schedule step. The KHD would not be involved yet.
    Once you have found the neccessary dosage to maintain KH within a certain range, you can give the KHD rights to make fine-tuning adjustments to your KH.
    I suggest setting the volume change to a small percentage of your per dose amount.
    For example, if each dose is 20ml, you can set the volume change to 2ml.

Allow the KHD to test for a few weeks and observe how stable the KH becomes. If you notice the KHD has to make many adjustments, then that tells you that your current dose schedule is not meeting the demand of your coral; increase the normal dose.

So…. My measurement yesterday was 9.2 all day long. Tonight after work I came home and its at 8,9. Can I use pump for to dose my Kh up. And let it make adjustments as well. I apologize im new to all this but willing to take the time to learn everything I need to know. So forgive me if I seem clueless on some of these matters. Right now I will be dosing by hand. Fusion 1 & 2 by hand. I have Auqua forest KH Plus. I originally thought that would be in a dosing container on Pump 4 of my ghl doser. Is this correct. thanks in advance for any help

No problem.

Yes you can definitely have the KHD control a pump that is dosing alkalinity supplement.
    You would first need to setup a dosing schedule for that pump head. Afterwards, give the pump a few days so you can see how much closer the consistent dosing along can get you to more stable Alkalinity. Once you have seen more stable KH with regular dosing, you can take it a step further and allow the KHD to make fine-tuned adjustments to that existing schedule.

In the KHD settings, you would just need to tell it what dosing pump to control and configure the control settings.
    The how-to video for that is here: