Thread: Mitras lightbar 2 setup

Default Mitras lightbar 2 setup

I just installed the Mitras lightbar 2 with a Profilux 3.1 controller. The lights are on but I have no idea how to set the dimmable function.
    I can setup color channels under illumination -> Mitras lightbar & Slimline, all channels are at 100% but the light output is not even 25% of these default lightbars:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/pro...ghl-lightbars/

Is the Mitras not supposed to be at least as bright?

Do I need the dimmable output on the PAB or does the Profilux control the Power Supply unit?

Here is the overview of the setup:
    mitras.jpg

Frage

Some more information after reading through this forum 2 days in a row, I cannot find any conclusive guide.

I have 2 GHL dimmable lightbars (T5) active on L1/L2 and L3/L4 via illumination channel 1 and 3.

The Mitras Lightbar 2 lamps are connected via the RS232 cable. The serial connection is set to "Mitras Lightbar" under "System".

Where can I find the light composer in MyGHL or is this only available in the control center?

Here is a screenshot from the Mitras section under Illumination >> Mitras Lightbar & Slimline >>
    I have not yet changed any of these settings. Does every color need a channel??

lightbar_settings.jpg

Why are illumination channels 1 and 3 occupied with red en blue while these channels are already assigned to other lamps?

I cannot find any instructions in the manual on how to assign a schedule to the serial port.
    So many questions...
    Is there a step by step instruction available?

Thank you for any help!

You have to install the newest version of GHL Control Center, connect to your Profilux and under Illumination you will find the Light Composer.
    Regards
    Werner

Thanks, I have the latest version. How can I assign illumination channels to the serial port?

download Light Composer instructions here: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...-instructions/

Thank you, it is working right now. First I assigned the different colors from the Mitras menu to some free illumination channels. But after that I loaded a daylight template in the light composer and those channels did not correspond to the channels I set so it was a weird ugly light. After I matched the channels to the correct colors and all was fine. Although I am confused why the daylight template uses only 5 of the 9 available colors.

I also connected the Power Supply unit to a timer on the PAB because even at 0% output the Mitras still gave a dimm blue light.

I think there should be some sort of manual for the Mitras dimmable setup, it is not very straightforward