Thread: unable to connect doser, which is keeping me from setting director

Default unable to connect doser, which is keeping me from setting director

I have tried everything I could think of. I'm getting error communication error 41.

We need more information to better assist you.

Are you connecting over USB or WiFi?
    If USB, did you check to see if windows installed the correct USB driver?
    If not, follow these steps to manually install it: https://youtu.be/5arEm807628

I bought a ghl ProfiLux 4 some months back as well as KH Director and doser that goes along with it. I downloaded the ghl control center and after some time I was able to get the ProfiLux 4 to work and now I’m able to control it as intended. Now onto the director setup. I went to add the director , although it does recognize director in the the ProfiLux 4 it does not recognize the doser. So I’m unable to proceed any further. I would be ecstatic if someone would assist me in getting it to work. I will monitor this forum closely to see if someone is able to help.
    Last edited by Jaywolfe; 01.10.2019 at 00:21.

Assuming this is a Standalone Doser you are trying to connect to the P4...this doser must first be set to SLAVE mode. This can be done by connecting directly to the doser's hotspot or connecting via USB with GHL Control Center. Once connected, set to SLAVE mode, press save.

You will then be able to assign the doser to the P4 following the instructions shown here:

I don’t have access to usb to usb cord at this time, so if I was to connect straight to dosers hotspot, would you guide me through the steps. I’m unable to connect it keeps say no internet access? What am I doing wrong?

Is your doser getting power? Check the Y cable and make sure it’s powered up. I couldn’t see my Doser in the Profilux list and I found my Y adapter wasn’t working.

You can see the GHL logo on top of the Doser lit up if it has power. Since I had my KHD sitting on top of my doser I didn’t notice thatpower was off on the Doser.

The Y needs to go from the 24v power supply to the KHD and the Doser.

I was able to get everything working. Now im in the middle of programming the director and calibrating everything. I have one question. Why don't the videos show the alkalinity up? Is there any videos on this step?

I was able to get everything working. Now im in the middle of programming the director and calibrating everything. I have one question. Why don't the videos show the alkalinity up? Is there any videos on this step?

We have a video which shows you how to setup the KHD for KH control...is this what you mean?