Thread: Urgent- Need help getting control of GHL 2.1 SA doser

Ausrufezeichen Urgent- Need help getting control of GHL 2.1 SA doser

Hello,

I tried to get help on R2R, but have been unsuccessful. My doser was knocked off-line after the power outages and major flooding in Houston, Texas. After the storm, I’ve been unable to reconnect to the doser. It’s still dosing, but I can’t tweak my doses.

Last night I tried to directly connect to the doser via USB cable. When I plugged the USB into the port, it beeped like normal, but nothing ever popped up at the bottom of the screen. I searched YouTube and google for a solution and tried multiple things, but eventually got tired as I worked 12 hrs yesterday and had to be back at work today for another 12 hrs.

I’m dosing ALK (with other elements) and also dropping 300mL Kalk daily. These doses need to be tweaked ASAP or the tank with crash and RTN. Tank is 95% Acropora dominated.

I have a 2.4 WIFI connection and 5.0. The doser connects to the 2.4 I believe. I need somebody that’s knowledgeable to come in on team-viewer to take a look. It’s already downloaded. I’m available tonight at 8:00pm and all day Monday.

Here’s my thread on R2R so that you guys can see what’s be said so far:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/po...ection.649152/

Finally connected via USB.

I found that the doser was not set to USB or AUTO on GHL Doser Connection1 under the GHL Control Center Icon. When I clicked on the GHL “doser picture” at bottom left hand corner it said, “could not connect. Do you want to check the settings now?” Then I clicked Yes. I right-clicked in the square boxes on the top line that say:

Standard | Name | Interface | Baudrate | Type | Device | Timeout |

Then I clicked edit. In the box that says type of connection, there’s a small circle that has “Network (TCP/IP) and it’s bubbled in black. I changed that bubble to USB. This automatically changed “Host-Name” and Port: 10001 to COM and COM 4. I then hit save and oddly it connected, but wouldn’t do it again until I tried “AUTO.” After successfully connecting with AUTO, it still reverted back to the previous settings that did not work. I had to change it again. Why does this happen when the power goes off? Shouldn’t this be saved and not easily changed?

I am still unable to connect via WIFI through my iPhone. Doser is flashing white.

Quote Originally Posted by Reefahholic View Post
    After successfully connecting with AUTO, it still reverted back to the previous settings that did not work. I had to change it again. Why does this happen when the power goes off? Shouldn’t this be saved and not easily changed?
    This settings are saved when the Control Center is closed. If the Control Center has an error or isn't correctly closed, the settings aren't saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Reefahholic View Post
    I am still unable to connect via WIFI through my iPhone. Doser is flashing white.
    Are the WiFi-settings correct? Can you ping the device?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi Thilo,

I just pinged what I believe to be the device. I think it’s the 10.0.0.127 or 245 IP. No packet loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Thilo View Post
    This settings are saved when the Control Center is closed. If the Control Center has an error or isn't correctly closed, the settings aren't saved.

Are the WiFi-settings correct? Can you ping the device?
    Last edited by Reefahholic; 23.09.2019 at 13:57.

BTW, a few other things that struck me odd was that the doser had an assigned IP of 10.0.0.150 or so I thought, but it looks like it’s now changed to 10.0.0.127 or 10.0.0.245. This should have been a static IP.?

You can see here in this picture that it was changed to a Port/ COM 4 or COM 7. Which obviously wasn’t working. Why would this all have been changed because the power went out? Shouldn’t all the settings stay the same after working that way for 8 months?

Last edited by Reefahholic; 23.09.2019 at 13:28.

So I went into System- Settings- Client mode-

IP settings:

O Use following settings

IP address is 10.0.0.150

Subnet mask 255 . 255 . 255 . 0

Default gateway 10 . 0 . 0 . 1

O Client mode

SSID jaredh-2.4

Encryption WPA2PSK

Encryption type AES

WiFi key = my phone number so I know it’s correct

I didn’t change anything. Then click save to what was already there and what do you know...the doser turns blue, but then turns white again. This is so odd.

I was able to connect on my phone again for about 1 minute. Then it lost connection.

So now everything's back to normal?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Yes, I hope it stays that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Thilo View Post
    So now everything's back to normal?