Thread: Connection issues

Default Connection issues

Hello:

I've recently purchased a Profilux 4 and having a few issues connecting to the box.

When connecting via USB I can always connect without a problem.

When connecting via the Android app or GCC on the pc via tcp/ip I can only successfully connect about 50% of the time. The other 50% the connection times out.

The P4 is connected to my network via wifi and is assigned a static ip address.

I am able to connect to the P4 via myGHL 100% of the time.

Additionally, I have never been able to get the web page of the P4 to come up when going directly to the ip address of the box.

I have tried a factory reset and multiple reboots. I have also done the firmware update. It's currently running firmware 7.22.

I'm not sure what to try next.

Thanks,
    Kenny

Hi,

maybe there's a problem with the WiFi-firmware and/or file system.
    Please update the update tool and update it: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...le-esp-update/
    The instructions are included but here's also a video instruction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJxPdwCqVaM

If this doesn't solve the problem, please create a ticket: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/sup...kets-enquiries
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hello:

I've opened a ticket.

I had already done the wifi update before posting here but it did not resolve the problem.

Kenny

Kenny,

When you have the update tool opened, select "Erase File System". After that is completed, reconnect to your device and re-enter your WiFi settings. At this time, you should also see the current WiFi module firmware version running on the P4.

Vinny,

I've tried this. I did the regular update and when that did not resolve the issue so I did the erase and update with the same result. Wifi firmware version shows as 7078 in GCC.

I'm not certain this is a wifi issue though since I am able to communicate with the P4 vi MyGHL 100% of the time without error and wifi is the P4's only connection to the network. (i.e. it is not wired)

Kenny

If you can already connect to the device from the cloud and from the app, then yes, this is not a WiFi issue.
    Have you closed GCC, reopened and tried again?

You can also increase the network timeout limit in GCC by going into your P4 connection settings.

I have tried closing the software, rebooting the P4, and rebooting the PC. I still get intermittent connections via GCC and nothing via the browser.

Support has provided me with some things to try but I've been out of town so I have not done them yet. Hopefully, I can get to that this week.