Thread: Feed mode with a socket on a timer.

Default Feed mode with a socket on a timer.

I’m trying to figure out a way to set up a socket on a timer when: Either I turn feed-mode off, or the feed-mode ends and everything turns on.

Here’s what my issue is. I have a separate ATO system that I use. (Tunze) when I enter feed mode I shut off all my pumps. When the pumps shut off the Sump fills with the excess water and my ATO alarm starts going off because it senses an over fill condition.

What I want to do is shut off the ATO socket while in feed mode. When the system turns on I want a 2 minute delay on that socket before it comes on. The idea is that I won’t hear the alarm because the sump will be back at it’s level and the ATO will read correct.

You can do this using 2 Programmable Logic commands.

Here’s how to create a delayed ON reaction for a feed pause:

CREATE THE 1ST PL FUNCTION: Maintenance mode delay
    1. Go to the PROGRAMMABLE LOGIC settings page.
    2. Select an unused Gate and set the function to DELAYED ON.
    3. Set the Input to FILTER (select filter number) and specify how long to delay the reaction. In this case, it would be 120 seconds.
    4. Type-in a description and click OK.

CREATE THE 2nd PL FUNCTION: Combine first PL with another function
    1. Select another unused Gate and set this function to AND.
    2. Set Input 1 to FILTER and select the Feed pause number to use for this function.
    3. Set Input 2 to PROGRAMMABLE LOGIC and select the PL Gate number you used when you created the 1st PL function (Maintenance delay).
    *** For example, if you created the PL function on Gate 1, select PROGRAMMABLE LOGIC 1.
    4. Type-in a description and click OK.

ASSIGN THE 2nd PL FUNCTION TO A POWERBAR OUTLET
    1. Go to the SWITCH CHANNELS AND OUTLETS settings page and select the Powerbar outlet that has the ATO connected to it.
    2. Set this function to PROGRAMMABLE LOGIC and select the Gate number you used when you created the 2nd PL function.
    3. Type-in a description and click OK.
    4. Click SAVE CHANGES.

Thank you sir, I’ll get this set up tomorrow!

I set tried to set this up and had a problem. When I hit save the socket shut off and would not turn back on.

Also in the first steps “(select filter number)” what do you mean? I see there are numbers I can pick. What’s the significance of each number and hoe do they relate to what I select? BTW, I selected 1 but couldn’t figure out if it mattereD

Going to re-explain what I want to achieve.

When I enter feed mode I want the socket my ATO is plugged into to stay off for an additional 2 minutes before it automatically comes on after feed mode ended.

Sorry to need the bit of spoon feeding with this..

I actually got this figured out. I had to watch a video on setting up feed mode... once I had that set up your directions worked great. Also set up a similar routine for my skimmer to come on after feedmode.

Quote Originally Posted by AZfishkeeper View Post
    I actually got this figured out. I had to watch a video on setting up feed mode... once I had that set up your directions worked great. Also set up a similar routine for my skimmer to come on after feedmode.
    Can u send me the video link ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AZfishkeeper View Post
    I also want my ATO and skimmer to be off in Feed mode.. Please share me how u did it..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk