Thread: Maximum time

Default Maximum time

Hi,

I would like no limitations to things like maintanance time or days to convert from summer to winter time.

I do not see why that's is done in the first place..

To make an example why.

I want to fill up a tank with rodi water for mixing salt water with the push of a button.
    This tank is 180 liters, I want to fill it up to 160 liters and I have a float sensor in the tank on the 160 liter mark.
    In a perfect world there was just a simple button for this on the app or the toutsh screen but with a detour I managed to make it cinda work..

I have made a maintanance button 3 witch by itself does nothing.
    I have programed level sensor 3 to fill water and made it work inverted.
    In programeble logic I made a program 2 with insert1 maintenance 3 and insert2 fill water 3 (inverted) on AND mode.
    I've programed power socket 4 on programeble logic 2.

This works to fill the water tank to about 70 procent.. and than the maximum maintenance time is reached.

This is a bit annoying cous I have to push it again after 4 hrs in stead of push and forget.

Could u guys please look in to this?

With regards Gertjan

Hi,

the 'days to convert from summer to winter time'-option lets the time slowly change to the new time. This is useful to slowly get the aquarium inhabitants used to it. The sunlight, for example, does not change suddenly, but over a longer period of time, so why should the aquarium lamps do this?

The maintenance duration protects you from forgetting to deactivate it again. If you use them e.g. to deactivate pumps, they would stay off permanently.
    But you can run the maintenance unlimited by setting the duration to 0.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi,

Thanks for the fast reply.

I understand that the maintenance function is a piece of redundancy but I don't get why there is a time limit to it.

Becous if I would set it to 0 it would mean I have to manauly put it off after the container is full witch I could forget and so it is less safe and it basicly becomes a simple on of switch...
    In that case I could just put it all on a normal on of switch and put a simpel float sensor between the dc side for 20 euro instead of using a 1000euro aquarium computer.
    So there should be a way around this..
    I want to turn on the machnetic valve of my rodi unit and booster pump manually and to shut off after 400 minutes or when a float sensor gets trigger so the tank does not overflow.

Same for summer and winter time.
    I can slowly change from winter to summer time and back but at a max of 14 days.. I want it to change over in 30 days...
    I simply do not understand why these restrictions are layed upon these functions becous it makes the p4 less versatile and it does not make prosseses any more safe.

Hi,

you could use a level control circuit for this scenario. Operation mode Water change.
    Set maximum on-time to 4 hours, select a free timer which never triggers and as sensor enter the same sensor for sensor 1 and 2. On a switch channel or prog. logic you can then use the 'Fill water (AWC only)' function with the index of the control circuit.
    It should work as you want it. For more information download the programming guide from our download page: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads/

Edit: You can start the water change then manually through the Level-page (select the control circuit and click on 'Start water change').
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.