Thread: Aquatic Hybird DX18 dimmable

Default Aquatic Hybird DX18 dimmable

Hi may I know what kind of cable of 0-10v should I order if want control Aquatic hybrid dx18 from GHL ? Below is dx18 dimmable adaptor (3.5mm)

We modified one of our older Archon controller wires to create a wire for the Profilux Mini we are using at the office.

With the 3.5 male stereo cable the back section of the wire is ground, the middle and tip are the two 0 -10 V outputs. We then placed the wires in a phone jack connector with position 2 white wire (+), position 3 black (-) and position 5 red (+).

Pin placement.png
    IMG_2080.jpg
    IMG_2081.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AquaticLifeProducts; 12.08.2019 at 22:26.

Thanks your info.

DIY cable is able to control, but not able completely shutdown dx18 when scheduler is running at 0%, may I know if there anything else need to set it from GHL P4 ?

Quote Originally Posted by whoami View Post

DIY cable is able to control, but not able completely shutdown dx18 when scheduler is running at 0%, may I know if there anything else need to set it from GHL P4 ?
    Yes that is correct the HEP ballast dim to 2% at 0 V input. I have the power cord of the fixture also timed on one of the GHL controlled outlets.

You can alternatively connect an EVG-AP-2F-HIC in between, so the lamp will be completely disconnected from the power line.

regards Pit

Quote Originally Posted by AquaticLifeProducts View Post
    We modified one of our older Archon controller wires to create a wire for the Profilux Mini we are using at the office.

With the 3.5 male stereo cable the back section of the wire is ground, the middle and tip are the two 0 -10 V outputs. We then placed the wires in a phone jack connector with position 2 white wire (+), position 3 black (-) and position 5 red (+).

Pin placement.png
    IMG_2080.jpg
    IMG_2081.jpg

Is DIY the only option? I have a kessil-to-apex cable I no longer need so I was planned on using that. Until I realized the yellow p4 ports are not the same. I have 2 (eventually 3) Aquatic Life DX18s... surely GHL or AI sell a compatible cable?

You can still use that apex cable by cutting the RJ45-end and connecting the two wires to our Breakout box accessory. This accessory then connects directly to the 1-10V port on the ProfiLux.