Thread: KH director Reagent questions

Default KH director Reagent questions

How much reagent comes with the KH director?
    What’s the average usage of the reagent over a year?
    Can another companies reagent work if GHLs reagent isn’t available?
    What's the shelf life of the reagent? Does it expire? long term storage issues?
    Are you looking at a concentrate version of the reagent?
    Does the reagent need a controlled temperature environment?

These are make or break questions for me and if I am going to buy the KH Director set up or not. I already have a Profilux 4 so I really want to keep things working together. But longevity and availability of consumables is a major concern of mine. I've bought things in the bast that relied on support of a company and that company failed it's customers.
    Last edited by AZfishkeeper; 02.08.2019 at 11:56. Reason: Added another question

Hi,

1. 500ml

2. 1-3ml reagent used per test, how long a bottle may last will depend on tests/per day and actual KH value. A 500ml bottle may last up to 3 months if testing 2x/day at a value of 8dkH

3. Possibly, but not recommended for accuracy and warranty purposes

4. Technically there is no shelf life. What matters most is that the bottles are kept closed and away from direct light when not in-use

5. Unlikely. We offer ready-to-use reagent to eliminate the hassle of mixing one's own batches.

6. It should be kept away from direct light and in a temperature stable environment

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Hi,

1. 500ml

2. 1-3ml reagent used per test, how long a bottle may last will depend on tests/per day and actual KH value. A 500ml bottle may last up to 3 months if testing 2x/day at a value of 8dkH

3. Possibly, but not recommended for accuracy and warranty purposes

4. Technically there is no shelf life. What matters most is that the bottles are kept closed and away from direct light when not in-use

5. Unlikely. We offer ready-to-use reagent to eliminate the hassle of mixing one's own batches.

6. It should be kept away from direct light and in a temperature stable environment
    Vinny : Will ambient light affect reagent? Also, if it is subjected to some direct light, is that an issue?

Ideally, the liquid should be kept away from direct light, but if light hits it for a small part of the day that is fine.

Since we are at this, I have another question. Can the reagent liquid be placed in a acrylic container, specifically a royal exclusive dosing container?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any container which supports weak acids lower than 3% will be suitable.

Thank You

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk