Thread: Mitras Lightbar 2 and Profilux Mini Wifi setup

Default Mitras Lightbar 2 and Profilux Mini Wifi setup

Hello all,

I posted this thread in the English forum, but have not had any answer for a while, so I will try in the German section.

New to the forum and recently found these lights. Based on the research this seems to be some of the best lights out there, so I have decided to upgrade my Juwel Rio 125 MultiLux setup with a Mitras Lightbar 2.
    The idea is to have the Lightbar 2 sitting in the middle with the flat brackets so it is level and have the flaps sit on each side freely, as I do not think it is a good idea to put a hood above the light due to heat issues.

My question is as follows, what exactly do I need to ensure I got everything running?

So far what I understand and think, I am going to get this:
    Mitras Lightbar 2 (80 cm)
    Mitras-LB-PSU80 (Power supply unit)
    Flat Holding Brackets
    Profilux Mini Wifi
    LB Cable RJ45

Is all this enough to make sure that the light works, is dimmable, I can configure any light spectrum, set sunrise/sunset and whatever other options? Or do I need something extra on top?
    Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Greg

Hello Greg
    Here's what you need for one Lightbar 2:
    Mitras Lightbar 2 (80 cm) 80cm is ok?
    Mitras-LB-PSU80 better 100
    Flat Holding Brackets if you need it
    Profilux Mini Wifi
    LB Cable RJ45
    1 Splitter to connect the Profilux with the Lightbar

regards Pit

Hello Pit,

Thanks for the reply, I kindly appreciate it.

The 80 CM will fit over my Juwel Rio 125 just fine, as the measurements are 73.3 and the tank is 81. So this gives me a small gap to use the holding brackets.

Why is the 100 better than the 80? If the total power consumption is at 50 Watt Maximum from the Lightbar 2, then I am wondering whether or not 100 will be overkill?
    Also, why do I need the splitter? I was under the impression that the LB Cable RJ45 is what connects Lightbar 2 to Profilux.

-Greg

80 W is quite enough, PSU's with more watts become less warm, less temperature, less power consumption, and have a longer life.
    But it fits already with the PSU80, I had chosen the wrong lightbar.
    You can't connect the Profilux directly to a lightbar. The Lightbar has 1 connection cable, and this is needed for the PSU (without dimming).
    The PSU, the Profilux and up to 4 lightbars are connected to the splitter.

regards Pit

Alright, thanks Pit!

Just so I understand correctly.

Lightbar 2 goes into Splitter, which goes to Profilux and PSU, right? So the Splitter allows Profilux to affect the Lightbar and be able to control it?
    I thought there were more cables or holes for the Profilux on the Lightbar, but I was wrong. Thank you for clearing it all up.

Exactly
    Profilux, PSU, and Lightbar are all plugged into the splitter. This is the only way to dim and control

regards Pit

Thank you very much Pit!

I great appreciate it.
    I will make sure to correctly order the exact items.

Btw, just a random off topic question. Do you know of any fish shops/stores that sell GHL equipment in Frankfurt?

Unfortunately, no, I'm from another region.
    regardds Pit