Thread: All in one unit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Frage All in one unit

Hi, I'm new to this forum and after much research, GHL has become the company I trust the most to provide the life support system for my reef tank build. I am very excited about automation and this will be my first time with that. I live the functionality and purpose behind making modular hardware, but my question is, will there be an All In One unit comprising of the ion, kh and dosing pumps? And possibly even the profilux 4 within that? My thoughts are that all components separate is worth more than my tank and lighting out together. By including all into one box, it's going to cost less to manufacture and sell.

Im waiting until the end of year when more information on ion might be available to plan my build around that. Hopefully an all in one unit will be available?

Thank you,
    Dale

Hello Dale,

Thank you for your interest in our company and products.

An "all-in-one" would not be so feasible because it would very likely fall outside of many user's budgets. The combination would not save much in manufacturing or retail because the bulk of production costs and parts are still involved. The only savings here would be in a few less aluminum parts and plastics; nothing significant is saved in costs. We take the modular approach to give users the option to add-on at their own pace.

Oh I didn't mean the modular components together in one unit, I meant a circuit board with all the components and chips on the single board. Not an issue for me, just a preference. If you had all of them in a single box, it would be much smaller footprint in the cabinet. That's my only concern and thought it might cost less if it was a single board. But your explanation makes more sense. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I don't understand why the KH Director and Ion Director couldn't have been an all-in-one...

Quote Originally Posted by Salty150 View Post
    I don't understand why the KH Director and Ion Director couldn't have been an all-in-one...
    Two completely different technologies and different test procedures.

I'm just saying...

If you want to test the main three - Alk, Cal, and Mag - you have to buy two separate boxes and pay $1,000 from GHL.

To do the same at GHL's main competitor in the US - the Trident is one box and costs $600.

Now if GHL is able to figure out phosphate into the ION... then it's a different ball game
    Last edited by Salty150; 24.07.2020 at 19:42.

That product is not an apples-to-apples comparison.

You are still missing Nitrate, Potassium and Sodium from the comparison. Not to mention, we don't require users to purchase a controller to use our products.