Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Profilux 4 and the old expansion box

Default Profilux 4 and the old expansion box

The other day - I try to attach an old expansion box (version 1 latest firmware) to a P4 (firmware 7.21) It did not work out well. The PAB recognise the box and allowed it to be attached. When I try to configure the box (after having attached to the PAB system) – I got the answer that the expansion box did not answer. I test 2 different expansions boxes 1. The same result. It works with expansion box 2 however. Is not expansion box 1 compatible with P4?

Sincerely Lasse

Hi,

I use a expansion box v1 with p4 without problem.

Check the firmware of your Ext-Box 1. You can do a firmware update in GCC even if the device is not displayed but connected to the Profilux.

regards Pit

I have the latest firmware on Ext-Box 1 V1.09. The P4 firmware is 7.21 I can connect it as a PAB device but when I try to configure it (in the system view there it is displayed) it says that can´t contact the PAB device. Have test with two different ExpBox 1 that have been working with different P3:s before

@itsmorefun - whitch firmware do you have in your P4 ? I have 7.21 and until the 2019-05-20 - it was the last P4 firmware

Sincerely Lasse

P4: 7.17
    exp1: 1.09

I have a P4 with 7.18 - I´ll test tomorrow if that works. Could it been any issues from 7.2 when the PAB changes was included in the app?

Sincerely Lasse

Hello Lasse,

during your tests remove all other PAB devices and reset the PAB-system.
    Hook up your ExBox1 as the only PAB-device afterwards and repeat this.
    Also check it in both GHL Control Center and GHL Connect and compare the behaviour.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Will test first with the one with FW 7.18 - (the other (FW 7.21) that I had problem with is in critical operations for the moment - lot of work if I would test that.) If it works with FW 7.18 I will update that P4 to 7.21 and see what´s happens - and do as you suggest - will comeback tomorrow

Sincerely Lasse

Hey guys - you have a problem. GCC with only ExpBox1 as a PAB device. It show the configuration page and you can do changes - however they seems not to be taken of the P4 - no new probes apaer or disapaer. Connecting more PAB devices - configuration window does not work again. PAB reset - using the app you can configure the probes with both ExpBox1 as only device and together with other PAB devicers. The probes show up and disapaer in the probe list - even in GCC. Trying to inactive it - P4 alarms - you see the alarm in GCC and on the display - but not in the app! And there was many more surprises - no ordnung at all You have to put up an test rig and see it by your self. Test been done with FW 1.09 and 7.21. Have not done any test with 7.18

Sincerely Lasse

Hello Lasse,

it is not easy to follow you exactly. There a no known issues between ProfiLux4 and ExpansionBox1 via PAB.
    Create a support ticket and provide your configuration and performed steps. The more precise the better we will be able to solve this:

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/sup...ets-enquiries/
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.