Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Profilux connection help please

That is fine. WEP and WPA are both securities used by your router.
    The reason your Laptop can not communicate when you turn it off is becasue it have been programed to communicate with the router with WPA enabled.

You still need to turn WPA off and try again to look for the Profilux on the Router page.

If you have a friend or someone who set up your router it might be better. I'm running out of ways to help you

J

Quote Originally Posted by JasonMcK View Post
    That is fine. WEP and WPA are both securities used by your router.
    The reason your Laptop can not communicate when you turn it off is becasue it have been programed to communicate with the router with WPA enabled.

You still need to turn WPA off and try again to look for the Profilux on the Router page.

If you have a friend or someone who set up your router it might be better. I'm running out of ways to help you

J
    friend of mind setting up the router is sitting next to me here,,i ask him now thanks

Default ok

ok i tried to turn off security mode and that didn't work
    then change security mode to WEB and that didn't work either,,,
    anymore though ? thanks

Sorry I'm out of Ideas. I don' think it's the profilux unit but your router. I don't think there is an issue with the router just a config problem. But I'm sorry I know my own system but not every system

J

thank thanks alot for trying to help
    before i buy this high end system ,i alway though there are some high end support from GHL forum but so far i only see u and only you helping me really really i want to say thank thank for trying to help me
    i guess this is not a system for none computer reefer like me...i may just going back to neptune system more simple and less $$$$ and better support.
    bye bye now.

I think you will not have the WLAN-problems with Neptune - just because they don't have a WLAN-interface

I recommend you to obtain a serial cable for the ProfiLux and do the WLAN settings using ProfiLuxControl according to these instructions:
    http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Down...N_WLAN_eng.pdf

the problem in this case is that we can't fix possible WLAN issues or not matching settings at your home from afar, this has nothing to do with poor support

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    I think you will not have the WLAN-problems with Neptune - just because they don't have a WLAN-interface

I recommend you to obtain a serial cable for the ProfiLux and do the WLAN settings using ProfiLuxControl according to these instructions:

the problem in this case is that we can't fix possible WLAN issues or not matching settings at your home from afar, this has nothing to do with poor support
    now i got some body attention,,,ok i will try to keep working on it and will order serial cable for the profilux then,,,will be back thanks

[QUOTE=Matthias;8204]I think you will not have the WLAN-problems with Neptune - just because they don't have a WLAN-interface

the problem in this case is that we can't fix possible WLAN issues or not matching settings at your home from afar, this has nothing to do with poor support[/QUOTEd

deleted
    Last edited by kvmn; 27.01.2010 at 16:06. Reason: what?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post

what i mean by poor support is when i ask question and i have to wait and wait for a few day with no respond,,and then i have to pm jason asking for help then he is the only one did help me,,,beside him,,no body would bother,,that is very poor support i think

Default hardwire

is there a way to connect hard wire from router to controller?
    i hate this wireless thing,,,thanks