Thread: Mitras lx7 help updateing software

Default Mitras lx7 help updateing software

Hey guys I got 2 mitras lx7s used from work. The firmware on them is too old to communicate with the ghl control center. I tired going to the USB flash mode and installing the software that way but its telling me it can not open the port to install. The firmware version is at 1.00. Can anyone help??

Hi,

First download the most recent version of GCC. That will give you access to the most recent firmware version of the LX7.
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...nter-v1-1-2-7/

Second, connect to the LX via USB using GCC
    If you have trouble connecting, make sure to set the LX7 connection setting in GCC to COM port AUTO

Third, follow this video for updating:

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Hi,

First download the most recent version of GCC. That will give you access to the most recent firmware version of the LX7.
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...nter-v1-1-2-7/

Second, connect to the LX via USB using GCC
    If you have trouble connecting, make sure to set the LX7 connection setting in GCC to COM port AUTO

Third, follow this video for updating:
    The control center dose not recognize the light and just says error code 41. I can not connect to the light to update it. I spent almost 8 hours yesterday trying to figure this out

If you have selected the correct COM port and the driver is displayed correctly in the Device Manager, you can increase the timeout in the connection settings to 10000. You can also use another USB cable to solve this problem.

Regards pit

Quote Originally Posted by PIWAWT View Post
    If you have selected the correct COM port and the driver is displayed correctly in the Device Manager, you can increase the timeout in the connection settings to 10000. You can also use another USB cable to solve this problem.

Regards pit
    I tried putting it in auto and selecting the com port manually with no luck. Is It possible that the frimware is to old for ghl to read the light there?

Com port set to 4( what its listed on the device manager) 10000 time out and I get unable to connect error code 41. I tried botting the flash USB direct program and when I select the software and chose the right com port it says ERROR!! No.006 unable to open com port... the physical menu screen on the light it self is not working either.

Have you tried using another USB cable, another PC, or USB port?

Firmware v1.00 can connect with GCC without a problem. The issue may be related to the cable being used, the USB port on the PC, or the PC itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Have you tried using another USB cable, another PC, or USB port?

Firmware v1.00 can connect with GCC without a problem. The issue may be related to the cable being used, the USB port on the PC, or the PC itself.
    I can try a different pc... it works fine on my other light and it worked to connect and to use the USB flasher and everything worked till this point. When I first flashed the firmware and tried to connect to gcc, the that the controls were disabled due to a frimware update and asked if I would like to restore the settings and continue setting up, I said yes and it gave me error code 41 and said it could not connect

Start your programs as administrator, and add an exception to the firewall

regards Pit