Thread: Redox reading up to 1000mV

Default Redox reading up to 1000mV

Hi all,

I currently own 3 profilux 4. The other 2 are working just fine but the third one is having problem with Redox reading after i first installed it.

I have done the calibration many times (with the null plug - i used this plug for calibration of the redox probe in the other 2 profilux too), the measured value is always 1000mv. Even if when put in the Redox Calibration Fluid, it still reads 1000mV.

I plugged that probe to other Profilux, it works just fine. So basically, the probe isn't faulty.

Now it comes to the profilux: i changed the Redox port as pH port to see if the port is working fine, and it takes really really long for the calibration, and even in the pH 7.0 calibration fluid, it shows 9.x reading. And of course, if it is not reading properly in the calibration fluid, it will not show the precise value when put into tank. Please refer to my below photo to see the difference in readings from pH probe 1 to pH probe 2 ( pH probe 2 is the original Redox):

Untitled.jpg

The settings applied for both ports are the same. ADC value in calibration of proble 2: ADC 1 = 979, ADC 2 = 809; ADC value in calibration of probe 1: ADC 1 = 446, ADC 2 = 219.

Thanks for your help,

Hi,

because of your tests, it seems that the port is faulty. You could additionally check if the Redox probe is working if connected to the pH port with measurement range changed to Redox.

I assume that this will work. Please create a Ticket for complaint processing.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi Thilo,

I am not sure if I fully understand what you mean. If the port is faulty, what can we do? I tried to make a ticket, but it said wrong username/password. I used the same username and password to login this forum.

Thank you,

You need to create a separate account for the ticket system, or use the guest login.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by Thilo View Post
    Hi,

because of your tests, it seems that the port is faulty. You could additionally check if the Redox probe is working if connected to the pH port with measurement range changed to Redox.

I assume that this will work. Please create a Ticket for complaint processing.
    Hi Thilo,

I have just done the additional test that I switch the original pH port to Redox and use the Redox Probe for it. The reading is just fine, with reading when dip into calibration liquid equals to 220mV. So we have the conclusion that the original Redox port is faulty.

Regards,