Thread: Controlling ventilation with Profilux 4?

Default Controlling ventilation with Profilux 4?

I am planning a 300cm long reef aquarium against an outside wall. A company specializing in ventilation can sell me three extractor ventilation fans that will go in the wall over the tank. They have fans that can be controlled via a 1-10v connection.

So I want to use my Profilux 4 with a humidity/temp sensor to control the speed of these ventilation fans depending on the humidity above the tank.

Is this possible? If so, how would I connect the ventilation fans' 1-10v connection to the 1-10v inputs on the Profilux?

Thanks!

L ports on Profilux.Pin description you will find on forum.

Thanks Adrian.

So I could just use the S-Port & L-Port Breakout Box? This would allow the Profilux to vary the speeds of the ventilation fans based on the humidity/temp sensor?

How would I program the Profilux to do this?

When you say control the speed you want them to vary in speed or just turn on and off based on the humidity? If you want to turn them on and off based on the humidity levels that is easy through the L port but if you want to speed up or slow down based on then I would think you would need to use the:

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/usa...ercontrol-2-1/

I would prefer to have them vary in speed based on humidity. Ideally they would constantly turn at a low speed but the Profilux would increase the speed in steps as the humidity rises. For example at humidity levels of <50% constantly on at low speed (maybe 10-20% of max speed), 50-60% humidity would increase the speed to 30-50% of max speed, 60-65% humidity would increase the speed to 60-70% etc.

I understand that the Propeller Control unit is specifically for use with the GHL Propeller Breeze aquarium fan? In any case it's the same idea using a varying 0-10 voltage to change fan speeds (the propeller Control unit connects to an L port).

Or am I overthinking this and just need the ventilators to be on or off depending on humidity? My worry is that they would constantly be on full speed...

Quote Originally Posted by Laith_61 View Post
    I would prefer to have them vary in speed based on humidity. Ideally they would constantly turn at a low speed but the Profilux would increase the speed in steps as the humidity rises. For example at humidity levels of <50% constantly on at low speed (maybe 10-20% of max speed), 50-60% humidity would increase the speed to 30-50% of max speed, 60-65% humidity would increase the speed to 60-70% etc...
    Bump?

How would I program the Profilux to do this?

Hi,

you can accomplish your plan with your ProfiLux as follows:

At the 1-10V-interface, where the fans are connected, select the humidity sensor as function, set U min. to a value where the fans run on the desired min. speed and U max. for the desired max. speed.
    Then, when the nominal value of the humidity sensor is set to 50%, the voltage of the 1-10V-interface will start increasing when the actual value goes above 50%.

Further information can be found in the programming guide at point 8.4.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Ok, I'll look into that.

Thanks!