Thread: AWC with ghl maxi and profilux 4

Default AWC with ghl maxi and profilux 4

I’m trying to program a maintenance button, or any button that I can initiate from my phone. I want to push the button to start auto water changes with my maxi to change 6 gallons a day (both heads running at the same time adding and removing water, could be 6 one gallon changes six times in the same day for 7 days in a row) 7 days in a row. Then automatically stop after the 7th day. Without the use of float sensors. Then I could manually make new saltwater when I have time. Then once the water is ready I can press the same button again to initiate the cycle again. Ideally, in the future, I would like to be able to increase the cycle from 7 to 9 days once I get a larger water reservoir.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Cedric; 28.04.2019 at 23:06.

Update: I have a float switch now...so I’d use it to trigger when the saltwater reservoir is empty to stop the cycle.

So I want to change 5 gallons a day in many small amounts throughout the day. Both maxi heads running at same time or if easier fill them drain.

Once low water in reservoir float switch triggers the stop the daily water changes.

I’d like to then be able to make saltwater when I have time. And be able to manually initiate with a button (maintenance button?) the cycle again.

Thanks for the feedback ahead of time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,

The most efficient way to do AWC is to use 2 sensors in your sump where 1 is the minimum and 1 is the max (standard water level).
    Once you have both sensors, you can create a WC schedule where it happens only 6 days of the week and is done in small cycles totaling 5 gallons per day.

We have a video that shows how this is programmed in the ProfiLux:

Since you would be using the MAXI pumps instead, you would still select an unused socket and assign each to the DRAIN and FILL functions.
    You would then go to the settings for each pump and set the drain pump to react to the socket with the drain function and fill pump to react to the socket with the fill function.